Yes Music - Anderson Rabin Wakeman live in Manchester

I never understood the idea of Yes without Anderson. Squire's loss was bad enough but to me, No Jon Anderson.... No Yes. He is the most dinstinctive singer in rock history. You just don't replace him.

I've not been to see recent versions of Yes without him. Did go and see the version with the Buggles in but I think that may have been a gig that I got free entry to.

I saw them last Sunday at Hammersmith along with three friends and we all thought they gave an excellent musical performance. We were clearly not alone because the ovations that followed many of the songs were something else, rarely have I heard so much extended applause.

Obviously, they aren't young men anymore so you are not going get a performance like the first Yes gig I saw in 1977 (latecomer, I know) but this was a very accomplished performance. The guitar, keyboard duel was great fun. I'm a big Rabin fan, bought his first solo album back in 1978 and even went to a Steve Hillage gig around that time just to see Rabin in support slot, so not bothered whether it is him or Howe on guitar (or both as was once the case) but they do have different styles.

I can confirm that Awaken was bloody awesome.

Anyhoo, ARW are more Yes than the band that calls itself Yes and well worth seeing if you are a Yes fan.

I'm sure they will return to promote their new album and I expect I hope to go and see them again.
I also went to the Hillage Rabin gig (big fan of both). It followed the release of face to face by Rabin (second album). The gig (Liverpool Empire) is one of the best gigs I have ever been to. I have seen Yes in many incarnations and hope this lives up to expectations.

I also went to the Hillage Rabin gig (big fan of both). It followed the release of face to face by Rabin (second album). The gig (Liverpool Empire) is one of the best gigs I have ever been to. I have seen Yes in many incarnations and hope this lives up to expectations.
I saw Hillage and Rabin in Derby when I was at Nottingham Uni. I couldn't class it as one of my best ever gigs but it was good.

As long as people remember it is 2017 and not 1977, the ARW gig should not disappoint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.