Yes or no, should Joe Hart be our No. 1?

at the moment weve got no choice but ideally HE needs to be learning from a number 1 keeper, thats the problem, apart from the coach hart and schmiecel(?) have nobody to look upto and learn off

maybe sign a top keeper on a short term contract... let hart be an understudy for a few seasons then?

Here's my 100% honest assessment of Joe

Pros:
-Great shot stopping
-Agile
-Good Reactions
-Natural fitness
-Bags of potential

Cons:
-Kicking distribution is shocking for the majority
-Punches far too often when he should just claim it in the air
-Poor communication with the back 4
-Flat footed at times; how often have we seen him standing still this season when the ball hits the back of the net?

NOOOOOOOOOO

He can wear no. 1 shirt but not a no.1 City keeper.

RickPower83 said:
maybe sign a top keeper on a short term contract... let hart be an understudy for a few seasons then?

Understudy?????

And for just a few seasons???? i.e. 4, 5 or 6???????

Why?????

He's young and brave and he's kept us in the UEFA Cup..............

mr t said:
RickPower83 said:

Understudy?????

And for just a few seasons???? i.e. 4, 5 or 6???????

Why?????

He's young and brave and he's kept us in the UEFA Cup..............

well if you read what im saying... im all for havin hart as number 1.

a slightly better keeper wouldnt improve our team... a couple of WORLD CLASS defenders WILL!

No he should be our number 2. Main reason IMO is that he does not command the 6 yard box, nevermind the penalty area from set pieces and crosses. The defenders all end up crowding it and not knowing if he is coming for it or not.

Everyone knows that a defence with confidence in their keeper is a much better defence.

Very very rare he catches a ball, doesn't have enough presence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.