Yes or no, should Joe Hart be our No. 1?

riley347 said:
given=no.1.....hart=no.2.....................simple.................

Agree - simple - Would love it if he came.....Hart will be a great keeper in time but fans need to lay off him as they forget his age sometimes and how shit our defence has been this season....one so called fan at Blackburn was giving him some shit, sometimes I dispair of our supporters!

he is our number one,and he will be even better with decent defenders in front of him,i see a long career in front of him as englands number one

Thaksins Love Child said:
No he should be our number 2. Main reason IMO is that he does not command the 6 yard box, nevermind the penalty area from set pieces and crosses. The defenders all end up crowding it and not knowing if he is coming for it or not.

Everyone knows that a defence with confidence in their keeper is a much better defence.

Very very rare he catches a ball, doesn't have enough presence.

We have no-one better as of now so for now at least yes.
Hart himself has said he would be interested in being tutored by a more experienced keeper.

However i couldnt have put it better when you make the point about not commanding the 6 yard box and our defenders ending up crowding it; not knowing if he is coming for it or not. The first goal at weekend proved that. Instead of Micah "sherrif's badge head" Richards heading it out Hart should have claimed it.

Now the punching - wouldn't you say Given punches it just as much? plus he tends to rely on it more when the ball's wet and greasy which i have no problem with.

PBLZ129 said:
Thaksins Love Child said:
No he should be our number 2. Main reason IMO is that he does not command the 6 yard box, nevermind the penalty area from set pieces and crosses. The defenders all end up crowding it and not knowing if he is coming for it or not.

Everyone knows that a defence with confidence in their keeper is a much better defence.

Very very rare he catches a ball, doesn't have enough presence.

We have no-one better as of now so for now at least yes.
Hart himself has said he would be interested in being tutored by a more experienced keeper.

However i couldnt have put it better when you make the point about not commanding the 6 yard box and our defenders ending up crowding it; not knowing if he is coming for it or not. The first goal at weekend proved that. Instead of Micah "sherrif's badge head" Richards heading it out Hart should have claimed it.

Now the punching - wouldn't you say Given punches it just as much? plus he tends to rely on it more when the ball's wet and greasy which i have no problem with.
Yes you are prob right about Given punching a lot too but someone for Joe to learn off.

It's true tho isn't it about about them not knowing what to do. When you think of the top keeprs (Buffon, Cech, even that Rag keeper) the defenders are higher up for corners, they get a shout and get out of the way knowing he's got it.

I don't think the defence have full confidence in Hart what with him being young and cockey.

He will be england's #1 with the right nurturing though, i have no doubt.

I have to say i think his penalty tactics are great - berating the taker, bit risky with the ref there though and he looks a knob when he doesn't save it. The Uefa cup match shoot-out was immense!

Hart won't learn anything about commanding an area or coming for crosses from Given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.