Yesterday no spending, today Messi????

If we want to mix it with the big boys we need to act like them and that means tapping up etc... as we all know it goes on and it is how the big clubs conduct their business, we just have to do it right and not get caught out.

moomba said:
Tell The King said:
Messi would never come to Manchester City.
actually, to be honest, I think we won't be getting any superstars. Why would they come? Any superstars already play for sides that are challenging for trophies and in european competitions. We are can offer neither. And then there's the fact that they are already obscenely rich.

Our selling point will be that in the near future we will be the club capable of challenging and winning the honours top players aspire to.

Of course, if we are taking the baby steps approach thats not going to work.

But if we can convince players of our ambition to reach the top as soon as possible I'm sure we'll get one or two to bite.

Big wages won't hurt, and we shouldn't forget that not every top player is at a club capable of challenging for the highest honours.

Fair points mate. although, the Messi's/Kaka's etc of this world, I think we can rule out. Hopefully we can attract the top players at the clubs not challenging for big honours.

kiam06 said:
nickson71 said:
kiam06 said:
ultimateharold said:
Messi is Barca through and through. I doubt money would sway him even if we were to make an offer.

The guy is from Argentina why would he have any loyalty to Barcelona, don't understand that mate. He is as loyal as the next footballer, if the deal is right he will leave.

Barca brought Messi from Argentina as a kid and paid for his medical care as he need regular injections of growth hormone in his younger days. His family couldn't afford that back home and the club that first noticed him couldn't either

as far as I'm concerned this guy is Barca through and through he's been there for a big part of his young life and as far as I'm concerned he is one of the player which I'd describe as "untouchable" for us at the moment

He'll win the world player of the year wearing the Barca shirt

Not having all that he came frome the sewers rubbish, money talks if he loves Barca that much then he will leave and make them £132m+ !!!

as each day passes i'm starting to think you're a wum! Think about what you're saying mate.

1. Barcelona don't need money,
2. Messi has been with barcelona since he was 13. they give his family a house, moved them to barcelona and paid for his hormone deficiency treatment. You would be insane to think that he wouldn't have any loyalty to a club that did that for him.
3. City said yesterday that we're not going to be spending silly money then this story breaks. there's certainly 'no smoke without fire' with them denying the bid. The fire though being that our owners a trying get us a bit of respect and credibility in the football world by not trying to run before we can walk.
4. You say european football isn't important to every player, can i ask what you think is? if its just money their not the sort of player i want at the club tbh.

Btw if messi does come i will kiss your feet kiam ;)

Read my posts Brady before going into a rant, I stated several times that I didn't think it would happen but I was just trying to point out that it is not an impossibility.

To say Barcelona do not need money is nonsense, all clubs are short of money these days and will be tempted by large offers.

Also this loyalty thing is nonsense, some players move for the money and thats a fact. So don't think Messi can't have his head turned.

kiam06 said:
Read my posts Brady before going into a rant, I stated several times that I didn't think it would happen but I was just trying to point out that it is not an impossibility.

To say Barcelona do not need money is nonsense, all clubs are short of money these days and will be tempted by large offers.

Also this loyalty thing is nonsense, some players move for the money and thats a fact. So don't think Messi can't have his head turned.

fair enough we'll agree to disagree then my friend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.