David Whitney (Physics)
Morag McGee
Hillary Wiart (English)
Alan Spoor (History)
Dave Awdas (Biology / IT)
Mrs Mairs (Chemistry!)
Angela Walters (Maths)
Mrs. Fraser (English / English Lit)

On reflection, I owe the above people a great deal... Without whom, I wouldn't be the person I am today.

You know Pearcey ...... i left school back in 1972 , an' i'm f*cked if i can remember ANY of my teachers whatsoever , from any of my schools !

They either weren't up to much , or my memory is even worse than i thought it was!

Pearcey said:
Peter Roe
Christine Wall
Liz Hanson (French)
David Whitney (Physics)
Morag McGee
Hillary Wiart (English)
Alan Spoor (History)
Mrs Mairs (Chemistry!)
Angela Walters (Maths)

On reflection, I owe the above people a great deal... Without whom, I wouldn't be the person I am today.

Any of your AAT lot in there?

Televators said:
Pearcey said:
Peter Roe
Christine Wall
Liz Hanson (French)
David Whitney (Physics)
Morag McGee
Hillary Wiart (English)
Alan Spoor (History)
Mrs Mairs (Chemistry!)
Angela Walters (Maths)

Any of your AAT lot in there?

no... they were all as thick as me... no help whatsoever... anyone can read aloud from a textbook.

Pearcey said:
no... they were all as thick as me... no help whatsoever... anyone can read aloud from a textbook.

I'm taking a gap year from uni so I thought I'd do the AAT in the meanwhile just to keep my eye in, so to speak. Big mistake, they still write on blackboards (!!) and I think I covered the whole year in the first 5 weeks at Uni (level 1).

Televators said:
Pearcey said:

I'm taking a gap year from uni so I thought I'd do the AAT in the meanwhile just to keep my eye in, so to speak. Big mistake, they still write on blackboards (!!) and I think I covered the whole year in the first 5 weeks at Uni (level 1).

I don't mean to sound cruel... but the 'tutor' of my AAT class, was thick as pig shit... I'd have been better off on my own... The only reason I passed was because I ignored pretty much everything she said.

But the people on the above list, really changed my life.

Pearcey said:

Good for you.

I have my boarding school teachers etched on my brain, but not necessarily for good reasons.

Televators said:
Pearcey said:

Good for you.

I have my boarding school teachers etched on my brain, but not necessarily for good reasons.

In terms of teachers, I guess I was more lucky... But I was at a 'Special' school for the last 3 years of my high school education, due to depression... I guess they only employ the best...

Most people who I know only have negative experiences of boarding school.

On the bright side, you turned out pretty smart, and a good person... so that's got to be a positive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.