Young British players should be a priority

There is starting eleven and there is a back up eleven.

I think the back up should be filled with HG/English players.

It will be nice to have many English players in our Starting eleven or lets say main players, but usually this is hard to have.

Hart was a key player and Sterling as well but Hart will be gone while it will be harder for Sterling to keep his spot next season after Bernardo's arrival.
Last year for me at least the biggest problem for city was the back up 11 not challenging the first team for their place, 4 foreign 1 homegrown have left and most were the back up but at east 4 remain, 3 foreign 1 homegrown, and whilst i would love all 11 to be home grown or club trained it remains that the 17 foreign should be better quality and are needed but how hard is it to replace 2 of these with young english players

If the rumours are to be believed we'll have Stones, Sterling, Walker, Bertrand possibly Delph in the squad.

If we retain Roberts even more.

And then Sancho coming through.

Don't think it's as critical as some are thinking it is.

Along with FFP, the homegrown rule is the biggest load of bollocks in recent years.

spot on

they should rename the FFPR the manchester city rule it was only when the others started to panic and the so called big clubs in europe that uefa come under pressure to stop manchester city winning the champions league

and the youth setup with homegrown rule is a shambles i was watching the under 20 world cup and the england team had 5 players that can still play for nigeria what is all that about talk about keeping your options open

The only difference Brexit will make is at academy level. Footballers good enough to be in our first team squad will be able to come from anywhere in the world like Jesus Aguero Zab Ota etc already do. Signing promising young Spanish talent for the EDS could become more difficult though.

HG rules for foreign players in the UCL won't change. That's a UEFA thing and as long as the FA is a part of it and City are competing, those will apply.

The FA itself could change the rules for the English competitions but players like Aleix Garcia, Brahim, etc will always be considered fully HG everywhere. They'd grandfather players in. City have Jadon Sancho and Phil Foden waiting in the wings to join Sterling and Stones as well.

If the rumours are to be believed we'll have Stones, Sterling, Walker, Bertrand possibly Delph in the squad.

If we retain Roberts even more.

And then Sancho coming through.

Don't think it's as critical as some are thinking it is.

And Gunn next year. We have plenty of options.

Freedom of movement and therefore restrictions on the number of foreigners will stay the same if things carry on as we are.....

Would be good though to see our club invest in British youth though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.