Young British players should be a priority

We effectively send individual players to 'second clubs' by loaning them out, IO could see nothing but benefits for us having a Manchester City Lite in the lower leagues who have full use of our facilities, promising staff & players. Are you saying a club like Stockport wouldn't welcome this on all levels?

Hmmm I just don't think it was phrased that way. If you had feeder clubs, that's something completely different. What I was saying would be a joke would be enter our young teams against those in lower leagues - like an actual league structure of the EFL Trophy. I just think it would take the mick out of lower league teams. These are professionals struggling to make their way in the game and I think it would be insulting to pitch them against youngsters. Regardless of it potentially working wonders for our national team, I just don't see the need to insult lower league teams.

Hmmm I just don't think it was phrased that way. If you had feeder clubs, that's something completely different. What I was saying would be a joke would be enter our young teams against those in lower leagues - like an actual league structure of the EFL Trophy. I just think it would take the mick out of lower league teams. These are professionals struggling to make their way in the game and I think it would be insulting to pitch them against youngsters. Regardless of it potentially working wonders for our national team, I just don't see the need to insult lower league teams.
I tell you what, if you know of anyone who wants to 'insult' me by providing me with the tools to succeed and help subsidise my bills, please tell them to 'insult' away! Lol :-)

I hear what you're saying, but I disagree. Surely Stockport County would rather be stocked with our talented youngsters in the 1st Division or Championship, than struggling in one of the national Semi-Pro Leagues? I don't see it as a piss take either, I see it as survival of the fittest. Stockport could boast Sancho, Foden, Garcia, Diaz, Tosin, Facey, Bryan & a few others to supplement their squads. Surely this has to be better than employing a team of journey men players who might be better suited playing lower league football?

We have to many professional teams, paying players some of whom are only marginally better than some players who play for recreation purposes.

Apologies if covered but who would our players be this year? Me and a mate are in the pub struggling to come up with players once you take out the purported loans...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.