Young captains. Help needed.

After a bit more Googling I've found a few more.

Our very own Paddy skippered Cannes when he was just 18.

Ray Wilkins captained Chelsea when he too was 18 (he helped get them promoted that year too)

And one that was lurking at the back of my mind from the moment I had the idea for this article but didnt reveal himself until I saw his name on the screen - Steve Perryman at Spurs. He was 20 when he first put on the armband.

Mikem93 said:
Tony Adams captained arsenal at 21

Nice one Mike. Was thinking of doing an introductory bit beforehand where I ask what qualities are needed for a captain and whether they are really evident even in a player so young and Adams would be a good inclusion there.
He probably came out of the womb pointing instructions to the midwife!

Another one I've just found is Barry Venison who lead his Sunderland team out at Wembley in the 85 League Cup final.

Someone mentioned Reo-Coker captaining West Ham and Villa, but I think he also Captained the Wombles when he was even younger.

Gotta be a record, being the youngest captain at 3 different clubs? If that's true, of course.

We've also got this young winger at United who captained us recently, called Goggs or summat.

Viva Rivaldo said:
Someone mentioned Reo-Coker captaining West Ham and Villa, but I think he also Captained the Wombles when he was even younger.

Gotta be a record, being the youngest captain at 3 different clubs? If that's true, of course.

We've also got this young winger at United who captained us recently, called Goggs or summat.
I've seen him. He'll never make it. Too one footed.

John Terry has captained Chelsea since the age of 21 when he was given the armband by Claudio Ranieri.

Don't know about Gerrard? Early to mid twenties??<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:15 am --<br /><br />Just checked:

Gerrard Captain at 23 years old (Liverpool)

Cesc Fabregas Captain at 21 years old (Arsenal)

Pep Guardiola was also a young captain at Barca under Cryuff, not sure how old though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.