Your all time top ten

It’ll be interesting come 2020 if we did a player of the decade poll. It’ll cover our revival as a club, feature my god merlin but also Toure Zabba Komps Milner Barton Hart Dunnie but by then the upstarts will have come of age. My belief is Sane will be the worlds best (our Messi or cnt7) but time will tell

Top 10, best or favourite?
1. Silva
2. Aguero
3. Kompany
4. Yaya
5. Tevez
6. De Jong
7. Watson
8. KDB
9. Corrigan
10. Dzeko

These are the best, subjectively, not my favourites. I'm too young for Lee Bell etc. And for most of my life its been average/poor City teams. Some players like the Goat and Zabba were great for us but not great fullstop.
I also think that in 2-3 years time this list could contain 5-6 player's from the current team not already in it (Sane, Sterling, Mendy, Ederson, Stones, Jesus).

I also understand that Dzeko my not be everyone's cup of tea, but his record both with us and without is exceptional.

There have also been great players who played for us at the end/beginning of their career but weren't great with us, they've not made the cut.
Fwiw I thought edin was a great player

10. Tony coton.
9.andy morrison.
8. The goat.
7. Paul lake.
6. Kompany.
5. Yaya.
4.ali b.
3. Kinky.
2. Aguero.
1. Sir david silva.

This is mine i started going in 84/85 season.
Its not easy once you start.
I missed out andy morrison. David white.i think alot of current players will be on it in a couple of years.
Paul lake would have been a lot further towards number 1 if he hadnt been injured.
If your younger than me and werent lucky enough to see him it harf to explain just how good he was.
Ive been lucky enough to meet him a few times what a top guy as well.
No way will anyone in my opion ever move silva from number one easy the best player i have seen

McNab - absolutely terrier
Lake - vision and skill
Benabia - on another level
Silva - as above
Aguero - no explanation required
KDB - as above
Andy Morrison - left nothing on the pitch
Goater - for the important goals he scored
Kompany - what a captain
Yaya - the big easy

1 Colin Bell
2 Colin Bell
3 Colin Bell
4 Colin Bell
5 Colin Bell
6 Colin Bell
7 Colin Bell
8 Colin Bell
9 Colin Bell
10 Colin Bell

Can’t really comment on the likes of Bell, Sumerbee, Trautmann as they were a bit before my time but would have loved to have witnessed them.

10.Kevin Horlock
9.Richard Dunne
8.Uwe Rosler
7.Carlos Tevez
6. Shaun Goater
5. Shaun Wright Phillips
4. Ali Bernabia
3. Yaya Toure
2.Sergio Aguero
1.David Silva

All Sweated blue blood and was gutted or will be gutted when they don’t play for us anymore.
Dunne in but Zabba out? Oof.

If the year was 2022 this would be my list:

1) Foden
2) Merlin
3) Kompany
4) Bell
5) Aguero
6) Toure
7) KDB
8) Summerbee
9) Kinky
10) Lee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.