Your constituency

Prestwich_Blue

Apologies for another General Election thread but this is a simple one hopefully.

1) What parliamentary constituency do you live in?
2) Who's the out-going MP?
3) What's the likely result in June? Is it a marginal etc?

I've recently moved to Blackley & Broughton and Graham Stringer is the MP. It's a safe Labour seat so he'll get back in without a shadow of a doubt.

The interesting thing is that I've moved from Bury South where the sitting MP is fellow Blue Ivan Lewis. It's been a reasonably safe Labour seat for a while but it could be very close & he could be under threat this time.

Oldham, until he pegged it Meacher was MP for years, he once made the mistake of knocking on my door,45 mins later his wife rescued him from my explaining all that was wrong with the Civil Service.

It'll always be labour but to be honest I've no idea who the mp is now.

Wythenshawe and Sale East:
wythenshawe-sale-e-2015.png

Labour retained the seat comfortably, though their share reduced a little. As per my pre-election suggestion below, the UKIP surge seen in the 2014 by-election has sputtered a little in 2015 – shrinking from 18% to 15%. That’s still enough to hold the Lib Dems in fourth – another lost deposit for them.

https://paulwidger.wordpress.com/manchesters-election-2015/wythenshawe-and-sale-east/

Weaver Vale

2010-present: The Cheshire West and Chester wards of Forest, Frodsham North, Frodsham South, Hartford and Whitegate, Helsby, Kingsley, Leftwich and Kingsmead, Milton Weaver, Northwich Castle, Northwich Winnington, Northwich Witton, and Weaverham, and the Borough of Halton wards of Beechwood, Daresbury, Halton Lea, Norton North, Norton South, and Windmill Hill.

The constituency covers the northern part of the Cheshire West and Chester unitary authority in Cheshire, including the towns of Northwich and Frodsham and the villages of Helsby and Weaverham. It also includes part of the borough of Halton, covering the easternmost suburbs of Runcorn.

It was a strong Labour seat (7,000 majority) until 2010 when the Labour MP who was kicking on a bit, was caught up in the expenses scandal
The boundaries were changed, Northwich split in half, which gave the Tories a better chance of winning, which they did by a majority of around 1,000
At the last election it was expected that the Conservatives would lose the seat, but they won with a reduced majority of 800
I despise our MP, he's a career politician who will not fight our corner. An example being two new housing estates in our village both of 400+. Planning was rejected by the County Council, so it went to appeal and Eric Pickles had the final say. Our MP did less than fuck all and we're as certain as we can be that the developer bunged the Conservatives a huge donation for a positive result, hence Pickles decision to side with the developer

I've met with the Weaver Vale MP Graham Evans on a number of occasions and know he's just a "yes" man

Hopefully the Labour supporting plastic scousers that are over in Runcorn East will get their arses out of bed and into the polling booths, so we can get rid of this dick head

It's only an 800 majority from 47,000 votes so definitely a marginal

High Peak - currently conservative by a 5000 majority ( Andrew Bingham). It was previously labour and could change hands again. The lib dems also have a high profile, so it's a constituency that all parties will be campaigning hard in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.