Your constituency

Cardiff Central. Half the electorate are probably students so it was one of those seats the LDs lost in 2015 to Labour due to their position on tuition fees. I think this is one of the more interesting seats in the country and a fantastic barometer of how far LDs have come back into mainstream politics. Unlike most of Wales Cardiff voted to remain and I would wager this seat probably had the highest remain vote in the country. MP is Jo Stevens, know nothing about her but the LDs are confident they can get it back. Tories held this seat briefly under Thatcher and their resurgance in Wales could be a factor.

I'm going for a Labour win, just.

Students will be registered to vote at their home address not their Uni
The Libs lost their support because they were the Tory's bitches during the collision

1) Bedford & Kempston
2) Simon Fuller
3) Tory safe-seat. He'll win again, no doubt.

My former and neighbouring constituency, Mid-Bedfordshire, has the abhorrent and reprehensible Nadine Dorries as its MP. How someone so scandalous and stupid can keep winning her seat there is beyond me.

Actually, I know why: it's because the Labour Party divisions in Bedford and Mid-Beds are painfully useless. I made numerous attempts to join them and to learn about planned meetings, but never heard anything. I ended up getting old Corbyn involved, who assured me that he would get on their case and give them a kick up the arse, but they still remain a proverbial chocolate teapot.

Students will be registered to vote at their home address not their Uni
Not sure that's true. I and many others voted in my uni constituency in the 2004 European and Local elections, and in the 2005 General Election.

I'm going to the local constituency hustings tonight. First time I've ever even thought about doing such a thing.

I wonder what to expect...?

Anyone going to/been to theirs?

Apologies for another General Election thread but this is a simple one hopefully.

1) What parliamentary constituency do you live in?
2) Who's the out-going MP?
3) What's the likely result in June? Is it a marginal etc?

I've recently moved to Blackley & Broughton and Graham Stringer is the MP. It's a safe Labour seat so he'll get back in without a shadow of a doubt.

The interesting thing is that I've moved from Bury South where the sitting MP is fellow Blue Ivan Lewis. It's been a reasonably safe Labour seat for a while but it could be very close & he could be under threat this time.

I got my letter off Lewis a couple of weeks ago in which he lists several cuts that have been made in Radcliffe (shut cop shop/baths/2 secondary schools/civic hall/job centre) in the last ten years.
It then goes on too say how he will continue to fight for the people of Radcliffe like he has for the last ten years. Hhhmmmmmm....??

Constituency: Chipping Barnet
Conservative MP: Theresa Villiers (yes, that aristocratic family)

Chipping Barnet has been a Tory certainty for several years. The Seat was previously occupied by Sydney Chapman until he retired in 2005. Villiers now has a majority of around 12,000.

The Labour candidate's campaign is embarrassing. Her main focus is on education and affordable housing. In Chipping Barnet, people don't want affordable housing as such policies encourage non-white British to the area. In relation to education, the constituency has, arguably, two of the best non-fee-paying schools in the south east (Ashmole Academy and Queen Elizabeth's), plus excellent primary schools. Plus, the area has possibly the best Jewish faith schools and an Orthodox Greek school. Improving education in Chipping Barnet is far down on the list of priorities. She would be far better advised focusing on bus routes, dog poo and traffic management.

I got my letter off Lewis a couple of weeks ago in which he lists several cuts that have been made in Radcliffe (shut cop shop/baths/2 secondary schools/civic hall/job centre) in the last ten years.
It then goes on too say how he will continue to fight for the people of Radcliffe like he has for the last ten years. Hhhmmmmmm....??
Ivan stood on a picket line protesting about some cuts to a local hospital when he was a junior minister at the Department of Health who'd made those cuts, which was somewhat hypocritical.

Speaking to a friend who's an active member of the Bury South Labour Party and he was saying they're pretty sure they're going to lose the seat.

Blackley and Broughton.
One seat .two cities.

Graham Stringer....the erstwhile poor mans Derek Hatton of yesteryear. Wouldn't vote for him at gunpoint.
So that's a solid abstention.....again.

Boston & Skegness

Matt Warman

A young Tory yes man. Second last time was UKIP 18000 to 14000. Bloody Nuttall standing this time hoping to find Boston. Labour a very distant third. If I don't vote Tory, wash my mouth out, Nutter will probably get it.

Ivan stood on a picket line protesting about some cuts to a local hospital when he was a junior minister at the Department of Health who'd made those cuts, which was somewhat hypocritical.

Speaking to a friend who's an active member of the Bury South Labour Party and he was saying they're pretty sure they're going to lose the seat.

I know the council are hamstrung by budget cuts from central govt but fuck me, his record over the last ten years has been diabolical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.