Your constituency

I was going to say that electing the independent candidate Martin Bell was the ultimate loss of a Parliamentary seat in recent history, but that must belong to Michael Portillo being ousted as he was the Conservative leader in waiting
I think that is a little unfair on Portillo. He lost because of forces mainly beyond his control, whereas Hamilton lost because he was...errr..... Hamilton.

Leigh - Andy Burnham. He's standing down to contest the Gtr Manchester Mayor election. He's more Scouse than Mancunian but I'll be surprised if he doesn't become mayor. Doesn't matter who Labour select to contest his seat, they'll win.

I'm in Scotland my constituency used to be rock solid labour, big SNP majority at the last election

Altrincham and Sale West. Graham Brady MP, chairman of the tory 1922 comittee. While the eternal backer of the underdog lives on in me, I'd love to see the bastard fall, but really there isn't a chance in hell.

Tamworth.

Was Labour for many years before 2010 when the people of the town finally saw sense and voted Tory with a swing of nearly 10%. Increased majority at the last election and hopefully the same at this one.

Chipping Barnet.

Solid Tory. Only element of interest is that MP (Theresa de Villiers) was prominent in the Leave campaign and the area was staunchly Remain. A tiny chance of a backlash, but unsure whether Labour or Liberal would benefit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.