Your constituency

Cannock Chase
Amanda Milling MP(Con). She was newly appointed in 2015 and too be fair has done a good job from what I can see

Last 2 elections have gone to the Conservatives. 5000 majority last time and I don't see it changing

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

All I can say is there is ZERO chance I will be voting for a scouser who is only interested in furthering his own career to run this great city.

Well said, Burnham will twist anyway he can to further his own career, he's one of the worst for lacking principles.

Cannock Chase
Amanda Milling MP(Con). She was newly appointed in 2015 and too be fair has done a good job from what I can see

Last 2 elections have gone to the Conservatives. 5000 majority last time and I don't see it changing

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Met Amanda a couple of times. She's alright, although she is (or at least was) a chain smoker, which I find deeply unattractive. Shows a pathetic lack of self-control.

Gedling

Vernon Coaker
Labour

Small majority.

Blarite who should be deselected for abstaining on welfare bill and calling Corbyn out the day after winning the leadership election again. His plus side is that he's been a decent constituency MP so I'm canvassing for him as i don't want a Tory **** in.

Gedling

Vernon Coaker
Labour

Small majority.

Blarite who should be deselected for abstaining on welfare bill and calling Corbyn out the day after winning the leadership election again. His plus side is that he's been a decent constituency MP so I'm canvassing for him as i don't want a Tory **** in.
He has been a good constituency MP. That's more important to me than any other characteristic in a politician. It shows good character, or at least a degree of respect for the people who they are supposed to represent and look after the best interests of.

Colne Valley (West of Huddersfield)
Jason McCartney - Conservative

Won it from Labour by about 5000 in 2015. Lib Dems got wiped out.
Won it from Lib Dems by about the same in 2010. Labour a close 3rd.
Has traditionally been a Labour/Liberal seat down the years having looked at the history...

In the post-war period the seat had the distinction of being one of the few Labour/Liberal marginals, changing hands between the parties on several occasions. It is now considered a three-way marginal seat and has been held by each of the three major parties in the last 40 years. It has also been a bellwether constituency since the 1987 general election.
(wiki)

It seems that the Brexit vote for the constituency was for Remain, just (51%), so it's not really a "Brexit Seat" so the Cons can't rely on that keeping it in their favour, but we'll see. May depend on who goes up against him.

It could get interesting. It's good being in a close/interesting seat, these days. My vote might actually mean something!?

FTR I'm from Manchester, so don't start.

-)

Colne Valley (West of Huddersfield)
Jason McCartney - Conservative

Won it from Labour by about 5000 in 2015. Lib Dems got wiped out.
Won it from Lib Dems by about the same in 2010. Labour a close 3rd.
Has traditionally been a Labour/Liberal seat down the years having looked at the history...

In the post-war period the seat had the distinction of being one of the few Labour/Liberal marginals, changing hands between the parties on several occasions. It is now considered a three-way marginal seat and has been held by each of the three major parties in the last 40 years. It has also been a bellwether constituency since the 1987 general election.
(wiki)

It seems that the Brexit vote for the constituency was for Remain, just (51%), so it's not really a "Brexit Seat" so the Cons can't rely on that keeping it in their favour, but we'll see. May depend on who goes up against him.

It could get interesting. It's good being in a close/interesting seat, these days. My vote might actually mean something!?

FTR I'm from Manchester, so don't start.

-)
I envy you. I've never voted in a general election for any MP whose seat was marginally in danger. In the last 20 years I've lived in a mixture of medium and large inner-city, the Shires and wealthy London. Always lived in seats with massive majorites for Labour or Tory. Depressing, really.

I envy you. I've never voted in a general election for any MP whose seat was marginally in danger. In the last 20 years I've lived in a mixture of medium and large inner-city, the Shires and wealthy London. Always lived in seats with massive majorites for Labour or Tory. Depressing, really.
Yeah and that's the way it is in most constituencies, unfortunately.

I'll try to use my vote wisely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.