Your Dads first car.

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
I,ve just started work at BCA, Belle Vue & it was Induction Day on Friday.
There was a slide show & part of it showed some of the original auctions in the early 50's & then the mid/late 60's.
The other person in the Induction Day was a nice lady called Alison & I jokingly said to her
"I bet you don't know what type of car that is ".
"It's an Austin Cambridge " she said "I know that cos my Dad had one when I was a kid".
That got me thinking about my Dads first car.
He had a Renault Dauphine around about 1963.(In Sky Blue of course) Reg. No. was 4 numbers followed by NC.
Then he had a brown Vauxhall Victor, a B reg.
And then came the 1st of many Fords - a white Ford Corsair V4 Reg.No. ENA 609D.(I painted this number on the guider/bogey
I made at this time ,from pram wheels & a plank of wood & that's how I remember it).
PS. BCA = British Car Auctions.

dont think it was my dads 1st car but its the 1st i can remember a Mk1 lotus Cortina which he left in our old garage when we moved house and they fetch 10 to 15 grand now

manclad said:
FRAN THE ARAB said:
never had one, too poor coming from ancoats.

Just been reading the book "The Gangs of Manchester" & some of the worst "Scuttlers" came from
Ancoats,the most notorious being the "Bengal Tigers" from Bengal Street.
yeah read a post on here a couple of week back, saying there was a book out about gangs in ancoats. i think i will be getting a copy is there one of the gangs called the newmees or something like that they used to sharpen the buckles on there belts to fight with.

my dads was a silver shadow rolls royce, we still have it in a garage somewhere in the grounds of the manor.or was it a ford anglia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.