Your favourite ever City away game?

Correct. I went in my wife's cousin's car and he didn't have a radio! We'd just crossed Trent Bridge before we found out it had been called off.

Went to the rearranged match on a Mayne's coach. I felt very safe, as there was a who's who of all the Kippax hard cases on board (excluding me, of course). Shit result but a good laugh.
We were parked outside the ground with some of their muppets taking the piss,he who laughs last eh.

Blackburn 2000. Stupidly went travelling round Indonesia in Feb time and every week I could see the season boiling down to this match.

Week or two before the match I thought I had to be there and decided to cut my travels short. Jumped the overnight train from Jogjakarta (Java) to Jakarta, flight from Jakarta to Singapore and then two oaches to Bangkok where I flew out from.

No ticket so spent two days in Blackburn trying to pick one up where I met loads of other blues also.

Finally got one in the Jack walker stand level two supplied by the Blackburn Norweigan supoorters club and when the final whistle went ran through security to get on the pitch and celebrate. Typical my luck the players emerged from next to where I was sat and so I missed out celebrating with the players like others in the stand managed too. Still a really sweet memory and the efforts made the day even more memorable.

Rags 1-3 1967/68, spurs same season, Newcastle 3-4 one of the the best. Leicester 0-1 cup Nelly all maroon strip, climbed over the wall for that one. West Brom final, got a job clearing straw off the pitch for free entry. Gillingham anyone, my lad saying can we go ? No ,you're a City fan, learn to suffer. Still rags in semi tops the lot for me.

The above games bring back good memories I was at them all. 1967/1968 was the only season I attended every game home and away. What a season.

November 1964 Preston vs City , 2-5 win for the blues , big Derek with a hat trick and Nellie with a brace, my first away game, young and impressionable I thought it was great, happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.