Your Favourite Ever City Season

chestervegasblue

I've been really enjoying the "favourite ever City away game" thread, and it got me thinking about my favourite ever City season.

Although my first thought went to 2011/12 (obviously, the ending will never be beaten), I don't think it was my favourite season as a whole in terms of enjoyment. As someone born in the late 80s, I think the season that I recall most fondly was ten years earlier: 2001/2, Keegan's first season. Benarbia and Berkovic were just mesmerizing, the Goat was scoring for fun and SWP was just coming into the team.

Anyone with me? Anyone else have one that isn't 2011/12?

The 13/14 season. Was too young to go to St James Park in 68, offshore in the Philippines in 2012 so 2014 was the one and only time I saw us win the league. Something I never thought would happen, very privilaged.

We won promotion in 65/66 which got overshadowed in the summer ..... the start Big Mal mania amongst us then teenagers Such memories.

Top 3 in order..
1. 2011/12 Awesome team, unbelievable ending!
2. 2001/02 After years of watching total shite,Keegan with his killer B's were great to watch.
3. 2010/11 First trophy for far to long. Also great signings that season and the best kits ever.

Has to be 11/12 but honerable mentions to KK's promotion season and 76/77 when players were players and as a teenager I'd live and breathe football.

Predictable but 11/12 season has to be the best, only from what I've seen obviously
Some unreal football, the 1-6, we score when we want being sung, those last 6 games felt like cup finals, the build up to the last home Derby and then that ending to rip it off THEM

Before that the KK promotion team

mancini`s title winning season
keegan`s promotion winning season
pellegrini`s first season
Horton`s season where walsh, beagrie, rosler and Quinn were amazing and we played some incredible football!

mancini`s title winning season
keegan`s promotion winning season
pellegrini`s first season
Horton`s season where walsh, beagrie, rosler and Quinn were amazing and we played some incredible football!
Walsh, Beagrie, Rosler & Quinn. Easily my favourite season and a great band name.

2011/2012 Obvious.
2013/2014 because of the shit load of goals we scored that season.
And when we talk about UCL season in Isolation, it has to be last year apart from the obvious "Meh" ending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.