Your Favourite Ever City Season

The obvious ones would be the two PL title winning seasons but the tension was overbearing at times.... so I'll go for KK championship winning season 01/02... 100 points / 100 goals

When we got in the groove after Christmas we battered just about every team we played and you'd go to the match knowing we were gonna win and score at least 4 goals

can't really pick one, but i really liked it the year sven was in charge. elano, pertov, bainchi we played some great stuff that year.

I have supported City since 1968 and aside from the takeover years haven't had a lot of memorable seasons to look back on. There was a season, I think 1972/73 when we really should have won the league, the year we signed Rodney Marsh. We played some great football and all our iconic player were still with us. 1970 we won the league cup and the cup winners cup, that was a memorable season. The problem was I was too young to go to away games then on my own, even finals so until 1976 I was never actually there when we won a trophy. Even our Cup Winners Cup was just highlights on Sportsnight with Coleman as the bloody FA Cup final replay was live on tv the same night, ironically at the swamp!

So for me it was 2011/12 for a few reasons. One we played some superb football and of course the 6-1 and 1-0 against the rags. The other is we all thought we had blown it and so did all the rags and the rest of football. I remember all the gloating all over social media when they went 8 points clear with 6 games to go. No one had ever overturned such a deficit and I remember telling the gloating bastards, '' You better pray you don't lose it from here or you are going to eat some very large humble pie!!''

The disbelief and glee as we whittled those eight points away until it was in our own hands was magnificent, until the final game where everything about following this mad, beautiful club was encompassed in 95 mad minutes. The pure joy at the final whistle was like an out of body experience, as was the moment Aguero's shot hit the back of the net, when the world turned from grey to glorious techno-colour in a millisecond. To stand there as title winners was surreal, something I never, ever thought I would see in my lifetime so far behind the top four elite we had fallen. I floated on that high for months afterwards.

mancini`s title winning season
keegan`s promotion winning season
pellegrini`s first season
Horton`s season where walsh, beagrie, rosler and Quinn were amazing and we played some incredible football!

Throw in the Mancini FA Cup winning season to that and I'd agree

2010/11 holds good memories.

Bobby was starting to put his team together and you could see that a top side was really taking shape. Ended the season with our first trophy in my lifetime and Champions League qualification, too.

I think that it was the season where we as fans felt most connected with the club (certainly for me, anyway - hadn't felt like that since our Div 2 promotion). We had a manager who was not only competent but passionate, and it was easy to get behind him; same went for the players - they combined talent with character. The poznan, whilst annoying now, was fun at the time and added to the atmosphere. The website and general supporter engagement was also brilliant; back then, Inside City actually showed you interesting behind-the-scenes stuff that helped increase that connection with the club.

Little things like that really made a difference. It felt as though we were on the rise and excitement was building; a feeling that was really on display in the Utd semi-final.

Norwich away Wolves away Newcastle away with a home derby in there too, the best run of games ever. 11/12 without a doubt for me.

For me it's the season we got promoted at Bradford. It was a season of twists turns, ebbs and flows and the best away days ever.

Lake, Hinchcliffe, Brightwell, White, Moulden and Redmond.

Brilliant just brilliant.

Although being on the end of a Roger Palmer hat trick v Oldham wasn't so good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.