Your Favourite Ever City Season

Walsh, Beagrie, Rosler & Quinn. Easily my favourite season and a great band name.

Thought I might be the first to post this year.

Take away the trophy seasons and this was a great season playing three out and out strikers and two wingers.

Spurs at home is still my favoirite ever city game as a game of football

2011/2012 was the best season in the history of the club.

Won't ever be beaten for emotion.

I was going to say 67/8, with the ballet on ice as my favourite match...I knew then that we had a chance. But then Paulchappo brought a tear to my eye with his oh so eloquent description of Mancinis maestros. Aguerooooooo!

For me it's the season we got promoted at Bradford. It was a season of twists turns, ebbs and flows and the best away days ever.

Lake, Hinchcliffe, Brightwell, White, Moulden and Redmond.

Brilliant just brilliant.

Although being on the end of a Roger Palmer hat trick v Oldham wasn't so good.

Thought I was going to be the only one that chose that season. It was a roller-coaster ride with a typical City moment in the last home game against Bournemouth (Probably Ian Bishop's best ever performance at Maine Road). I remember it as a time of great hope based around our young players. Unfortunately none really fulfilled their full potential apart from arguably Hinchcliffe. Saw more games that season than any other.

The 2011-12 season is the obvious one, obviously! No club will ever have again what City had then. The 6-1 with Mancini's happy grin at the end, Mario Balotelli playing well and endearing himself with his quirkiness before it got too strange, that run-in over the last few games in the April-May sunshine to catch the rags, Kompany's leap fourteen feet high after his header in the 1-0 derby, and then YaYa at Newcastle and Aguerooo to crown it all. Fans of other teams have told me how glad that made them, nothing can ever come close, it was like my first glimpse of Paris in the spring or the Golden Gate Bridge or falling in love or sex on the beach. It was "take me now God, I can die happy", it was beautiful, rhapsodic, orgasmic. So drink it in.
Some way behind that are the KK season for 100 goals and Benarbia,any season that had Uwe Rosler in it, Bell and Lee and Summerbee in '67-68, and my first one for memories of Trautmann and Bobby Johnstone and Roy Paul in 19 bloody 55. They were all good and they'd be enough to see me go cheerfully into the sunset if Mancini hadn't happened, but he did and for that reason I can go laughing merrily not just smiling contentedly. After City win the treble and the Champions League with Aguero and Jesus both scoring in the final (next year.)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.