Your Favourite Ever City Season

1998/99. May have been Div2 but I went to 17 away games that season and had a ball. Defeats at Lincoln and Wycombe were character building. Forgetting my season ticket for Wycombe at home and getting ripped off by a tout for a complimentary ticket! Taking the Mrs to Bournemouth away (not current mrs unsurprisingly)The joy of watching us at Wembley the first time, having a chat with Halsey after the game at the Wembley Hilton. Destroying my liver that year. Great times.

It also made me appreciate our recent success even more as I was there when we were shit!

I may be in NZ but the blues are always in my heart! Let's party like it's 1999!

13/14 and suarez cry

That was fun, wasn't it? It's horrible of me but I often watch that on U Tube just to have a good cackle.
For me, nothing can touch 2011-12. I felt different, as if something important had happened in me, after 13 May. And the fact that we both played sublime football and screwed up at times (Sunderland away and at home, Arsenal away etc.) somehow made it pure City. Also drinking in the rags' tears (which I'm doing to this day).

99/00. One of the few occasions we exceeded expectations. Tickets were cheap and plentiful and our support has never been better.

88/89 was my first season watching City and almost 30 years on was a fantastic introduction to what it means to be a blue. 01/02 was pure entertainment. 11/12 was brilliant but too stressful. The football we played for much of 13/14 was fantastic but we game too close to throwing it all away.

Ticket prices, stupid kick off times, paltry allocations, sky high expectations, self entitlement, widespread media derision and cheating refs make it hard to really enjoy football a lot of the time these days.

Thought I was going to be the only one that chose that season. It was a roller-coaster ride with a typical City moment in the last home game against Bournemouth (Probably Ian Bishop's best ever performance at Maine Road). I remember it as a time of great hope based around our young players. Unfortunately none really fulfilled their full potential apart from arguably Hinchcliffe. Saw more games that season than any other.

I think the only player that didn't fulfil his potential was Paul Moulden.

Lakey for me fulfiled his potential but cruel luck cut short a glittering career.

Redmond had a good career with us and Oldham.

Brightwell amassed a huge amount of games for us, and was a very good player (very underrated).

Whitey was a great player and more than fulfilled his potential with us.

Hinchcliffe like Redmond had a good career with us and then with Everton.

I'm going for season 80/81 just because it was my first real season of going to the match on my own and what a season it was .
Defeat at Leeds on shitty wet Wednesday night in September put us bottom and in came Johny Bond and 2 amazing cup runs 2 trips to wembley and seeing us beat the rags for the first time in years made for a memorable year for me

2011/12 was iconic for obvious reasons but I just remember not being able to sleep properly for the last 4 months of the season. At first it was a case of could this happen before slowly turning in to heart break and then hopeful optimism became a dream come true. Everyone involved is a hero in my eyes.

A special mention to 99/2000 season under Royle. Those players fought for the badge and the fans. That team should never have come up but through determination we got promoted back to the premier league.

We went to Rotherham. We won 1 - 0 and we were back into Division 1.

Since then......................... you know the rest.

I was at the Rotherham game ... went with my mate Pete (RIP sadly) .... happy pitch invasion at the end .... everybody happy and Big Mal striding across the pitch .... what a night fora teenager Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.