Your favourite non-City and non-England football moments

Zaire in the 82 World Cup when playing against Brazil clearly didn't know the rules in respect of opposition free kicks. Italia 90 when Frank Rijkaard grobbed in Rudi Voller's perm twice. I'm not clever enough to post the clips. Also the Tommy Steele like celebration by the bloke behind Seaman's goal when Koeman clipped that free kick in when he shouldn't really have been on the pitch. It's brilliant.

Euro 84 semi
France 1 Portugal 1 in normal time
Portugal take the lead in ET
France equalize very late on, and then bent fucker Platini scores with the last kick of the game (13/5/12 anyone), and Motty goes mental "I've not seen a match like this in years"

A game with a ridiculous amount of entertainment

So many to choose from and some above like Carlos Alberto were genius. So I'll go for something less elevated.
Jimmy Glass, goalie on emergency loan at Carlisle. Last minute goes into opponents penalty area for a corner. Carlisle need to score to stay in the football league......and he smashes it in....cue boys own paper disbelief.
A great moment.
I'm just an old romantic, really

For years and years I thought the best match I'd ever seen was Italy 3 Brazil 2 in the 82 World Cup. Totally mesmerising as a kid. Probably still think it is

5/5/73.

@Stockport mackem will know that date, as will @jimharri, I'm sure. It was occasion of the FA Cup final between Sunderland and those"delightful" fellows from the eastern side of the Pennines.

The Sunderland side contains three future Blues; Mickey Horswill, the great Dennis Tueart and the equally great Big Dave Watson.

The match includes possibly the greatest double save in FA Cup history by Jim 'Monty' Montgomery.

I loved that day.

Last edited:
5/5/73.

@Stockport mackem will know that date, as will @jimharri, I'm sure. It was occasion of the FA Cup final between Sunderland and those"delightful" fellows from the eastern side of the Pennines.

The Sunderland side contains three future Blues; Mickey Horswill, the great Dennis Tueart and the equally great Big Dave Watson.

The match includes possibly the greatest double save in FA Cup history by Jim 'Monty' Montgomery.

I loved that day.
Yeah; good shout. Although February 13th 1971 is worth an honourable mention as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.