Your favourite non-City and non-England football moments

5/5/73.

@Stockport mackem will know that date, as will @jimharri, I'm sure. It was occasion of the FA Cup final between Sunderland and those"delightful" fellows from the eastern side of the Pennines.

The Sunderland side contains three future Blues; Mickey Horswill, the great Dennis Tueart and the equally great Big Dave Watson.

The match includes possibly the greatest double save in FA Cup history by Jim 'Monty' Montgomery.

I loved that day.

You're a good chap....watched it many a time, albeit I was 6 months old when it happened.
A great underdog story

Feel unfair to pick a Sunderland one....
Brazil team of 82 were amazing to watch......as was Gerry Armstrongs goal v Spain in the same tournament.
Already mentioned by someone the Archie Gemmill goal

Watching a game live....I'd have to go for Van Bastens goal for Holland in the 1988 Euros v USSR....what a volley

Often watch this when i,m feeling low , always cheers me up , purely coincidence that its at the theatre of knobheads !

None league stuff, back in the day before streams, in fact the last season before SKY got the contract I used to go to watch Chadderton when we were away with a radio to keep track of us.

Chadderton weren't particularly good and were 0-4 down to Skelmersdale with less than 30 mins left. I always stood level with the penalty area and a long ball came from the back to find a Chaddy player probably 5/6 yards offside, no idea where the linesman was looking. Anyway Chaddy guy scores, Skem players go mad, referee decides to allow the goal probably thinking it didn't really matter.

The next 30 mins were some of the most amazing football I've witnessed. It ended 6-4 to Chaddy, with a Skem players sent off, there was all sorts going on, fights between players in the same team, corner flags being used as weapons etc.

Convinced my mate who was a S/T holder to come to their first game the following season as we were playing QPR in the first Monday night game v Penrith....a more sterile 0-0 you'd never see again.

As a veteran ( many years ago) on the terraces at Easter Road , seeing Hibs win the cup after a wait of 114 years was easily my fav outside City moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.