Your favourite non-City and non-England football moments

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Southern, 10 Sep 2017.

1. Stockport mackem

Stockport mackem

You're a good chap....watched it many a time, albeit I was 6 months old when it happened.
    A great underdog story

2. Stockport mackem

Stockport mackem

Feel unfair to pick a Sunderland one....
    Brazil team of 82 were amazing to watch......as was Gerry Armstrongs goal v Spain in the same tournament.
    Already mentioned by someone the Archie Gemmill goal

Watching a game live....I'd have to go for Van Bastens goal for Holland in the 1988 Euros v USSR....what a volley

3. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
  4. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    West Ham v Huddersfield will live long in the memory

5. smeeagain

smeeagain

Often watch this when i,m feeling low , always cheers me up , purely coincidence that its at the theatre of knobheads !

6. sir baconface

sir baconface

GPC, FOC and bar
    Eusebio's four goals against North Korea at Goodison in 66 World Cup. 0-3 down and won 5-3.

I was there!

7. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    None league stuff, back in the day before streams, in fact the last season before SKY got the contract I used to go to watch Chadderton when we were away with a radio to keep track of us.

Chadderton weren't particularly good and were 0-4 down to Skelmersdale with less than 30 mins left. I always stood level with the penalty area and a long ball came from the back to find a Chaddy player probably 5/6 yards offside, no idea where the linesman was looking. Anyway Chaddy guy scores, Skem players go mad, referee decides to allow the goal probably thinking it didn't really matter.

The next 30 mins were some of the most amazing football I've witnessed. It ended 6-4 to Chaddy, with a Skem players sent off, there was all sorts going on, fights between players in the same team, corner flags being used as weapons etc.

Convinced my mate who was a S/T holder to come to their first game the following season as we were playing QPR in the first Monday night game v Penrith....a more sterile 0-0 you'd never see again.

8. Bodicoteblue

Bodicoteblue

As a veteran ( many years ago) on the terraces at Easter Road , seeing Hibs win the cup after a wait of 114 years was easily my fav outside City moment.