Your favourite promotion season?

gordondaviesmoustache

A tough one for me:

The football we played under Keegan in 2001/2 was swashbuckling and, at times, sublime. Ali B in particular.

The 1988/9 season, with a squad full of homegrown youngsters, was a period of palpable optimism at the club - and Bradford on the last day was an incredibly tense, but amazing end to the season.

The 1998/9 season was dour and turgid in the main, but provided the ultimate and utterly memorable denouement. Ditto 1984/5.

But for me, the 1999/2000 season was the most enjoyable, possibly because it was so unexpected. I'd have easily settled for mid-table at the outset. The finale at Ewood Park remains my favourite game to be at after the 6-1 and QPR. It felt amazing to be back at the top, something that seemed impossibly far away some eighteen months earlier.

Which promotion season do you have the fondest memories of?

The first one I saw - 1965/66.

In the words of the song:
"We went to Rotherham
We won 1 - 0 and we were back into Division One
Since then........................"

You never forget your first time!

A tough one for me:

The football we played under Keegan in 2001/2 was swashbuckling and, at times, sublime. Ali B in particular.

The 1988/9 season, with a squad full of homegrown youngsters, was a period of palpable optimism at the club - and Bradford on the last day was an incredibly tense, but amazing end to the season.

The 1998/9 season was dour and turgid in the main, but provided the ultimate and utterly memorable denouement. Ditto 1984/5.

But for me, the 1999/2000 season was the most enjoyable, possibly because it was so unexpected. I'd have easily settled for mid-table at the outset. The finale at Ewood Park remains my favourite game to be at after the 6-1 and QPR. It felt amazing to be back at the top, something that seemed impossibly far away some eighteen months earlier.

Which promotion season do you have the fondest memories of?

1999/2000 for me too. The jubilation on the pitch afterwards meeting all the old faces and the journey back with a stream of City cars tooting at all the kerb side well wishers in the towns we passed through. There was a rumour there was to be a celebration at Maine Road with all the players coming back which sadly proved to be just a rumour.

The Wembley play off season was also.....very interesting.

84-85 for me,can anyone put the Pompey away video on this thread Simmo with that lob remember it though it was yesterday.

Promotion under KK. You knew that it was almost guaranteed that in every match we'd rip the opponents to bits and score 4 or 5 goals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.