Your first pint?

Drank Manns Brown Ale for about a year,On reaching 18 my dad said he,d buy me a pint in Woodhouse Park Labour Club,think it was "mild"it was dish water,took a fair time to down it,dad was pleased it made him think I wouldn't,t be a "boozer".Second round 2 bottles of Manns in my pint pot,mild for dad,The look on his face.Priceless,lots of explaining to do though.

Illegally aged 15 at the 'who'd a thowt it' middleton, Lees larger
Legally 'the falcon' Langley with me dad

Underage. A pint of bitter in one of the many pubs in the streets off Claremont Road up near the Oxford Road end.

Legally was in the Fallowfield.

Nothing ever tasted like those first bitters again.

Now I'm 65 it's clear liquids only - gin or white wine.

First pint I drank JW Lees Lager in the Cotton Tree in Middleton.

First pint bought was Lager & lime in the Assheton Arms (the ash ) Middleton same night ended up spewing my guts up out side the Dusty Miller.

St Kents Social Club (Fallowfield) 1991.

A midweek evening after school in the early Summer.

Had 4 pints of Fosters, as did the 2 lads I was with, who were also enjoying their first 'night out'.

Absolutely fucked out of my mind.

Cider, could've been Strongbow but possibly something else as it was 1983. A guy at the bar commented to me that "you are what you drink, so you're headless".

Probably went on to Carling Black Label after that. It was a pub that had one brand each of cider, lager, bitter, stout and mild. Not like today.

Stout.

Proper old skool geezer's drink.

In the Parkside with a few mates (all of us well under age) after a midweek reserve game in late 1965. I'm not sure what the bitter was but it may have been Wilson's. (That was my only visit to the Parkside). I couldn't wait for it to go down. I don't have that problem now. Funny how tastes change ;)

Many a top pre and post match sesh in the Parkside.

Top pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.