Your Greatest City Match Ever Attended!

bluemanc said:
The swamp last yr was special for a lot of reasons,but purely as a Blue it has to be Colin Bell's comeback after halftime at Maine Rd against Newcastle on Boxing Day, 1977.
0-0 half time won the game 4-0,the hairs on the back of my neck still tingle when i remember that game.
Fook; I forgot that one. Never heard a reception for a sub like it. A really emotional day.

Blackburn 1-4 City. City fans everywhere that day couldn't believe it.
2-1 At OT. Just amazing.
Last Maine Road derby.
Last game at Maine Road

jimharri said:
Been over here since '82, so only sporadic attendance since then. Therefore, of the matches I actually attended, 2 or 3 stick in my mind.
1. Nov '75, City 4 Scum 0, League cup Rd 4. The game that Colin Bell was injured by that koont Martin Buchan
2. April '81, City 1 Ipswich 0 F.A. Cup s/f. Probably the best atmosphere at an 'away' game (neutral ground, so neither home or away, but you know what I mean!) that I've been to. Villa Pk was alive with blues that day; I was in the Holte End, bang in line when that Paul Power free kick went in. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven after the game. Enjoyed it far more than the final, TBH.
3. Sept '81, City 3 St(J)oke 1 Division 1. Tricky Trev's (the original) debut. Glorious sunny day, The Victoria ground was packed with blues and TF scored twice on his debut. Phil Boyer scored the other, IIRC.

Can't argue with them 4. They all still stick out in my mind,especially Villa park as i got thrown out after Power scored. Oh happy days!!!!

bluemanc said:
The swamp last yr was special for a lot of reasons,but purely as a Blue it has to be Colin Bell's comeback after halftime at Maine Rd against Newcastle on Boxing Day, 1977.
0-0 half time won the game 4-0,the hairs on the back of my neck still tingle when i remember that game.

Almost as good as Colin_Bells return!

Well I'll go for a more recent one.

West Ham 0-2 City.

First day of the season, and after a disapointing result a week earlier in the TC trophey we travelled to east Landan to play a fancied West Ham team. No one really had any idea how good these new players we had were gonna be (Not very in the grand scheme of things!). It was boiling hot, so many (myself included) blues were seen walking round Upton Park with a drink in hand, topless, shorts and a scarf. We were brilliant. Elano and Petrov looked like what we'd been crying out for for years, and having a bench which had Boj, Geo and Ned, we looked like we had an actual squad. The moment Geo scored that goal, it was the best feeling (not including derbies or promotions) that i'd ever had. City are back was the chant, we thought we were on the verge of something special...

1-4 at blackburn for loads of reasons in addition to the score (and the fact they hit the wood so many times). Another real stand out was when we won away at Villa Park having not won away for months. Think it was white and a reid pen in front of an absolutely mobbed out city end. Sang ourselves hoarse. It was the day the strangeways riot started.
The day we beast Stoke 5-2 and both went down was quite memorable too. Think that also was Kinkys last game?
And didnt think wed get a kick at Schalke, and to win 2-0 was differant class

Daniel Sturridge said:
Probs go with last derby at Maine Road as well. Watching Neville gift the Goat his 99th goal was amazing and then to see him score his 100th against them scumbags was just brilliant.

I'd also go for this one, first time in my life I ever seen us beat them lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.