Your Most Frustrating/Disappointing Game this Season

mancityscot

A pretty dour thread title, but interested to hear others thoughts.

For me it has to be Spurs at home: a game in which they had absolutely no right to get anything from. 2-0 up and cruising yet somehow we manage to completely bottle it. Pastings at everton and leicester were bad but this one honestly had me shocked at how we didn't take 3 points. We've had a fair few dismal results this season but allowing spurs back into that game and ultimately giving them momentum and belief in the top 4 race was unforgivable.

That game in a nutshell sums up the season for me, exhilarating football at times but undone time and time again by dismal defending and shocking refereeing decisions.

Everton at home.

They were useless and didn't get into our half other than to score their goal, we missed 2 penalties and ended up drawing.

Summed up the season for me, not clinical enough in front of goal and fragile at the back.

Monaco away without any doubt. I know Monaco are half decent but it totally took me by surprise that we didn't go through having turned the first leg round so brilliantly. I'm still pretty pissed off about that first half and the way we defended that free kick tbh, unforgivably spineless.
In terms of the league, Leicester away. I found it so depressing that at a point when they were looking like relegation fodder, we appeared to be the only team left in the division who didn't know what to expect and played right in to their hands. Fully expect them to do a number on us again at our place later in the season.

Everton home, 'Boro home, Chelsea home, Monaco away, Arsenal away, Spurs home, Leicester away.......the fucking Rags in the cup.........so, so, so many to choose from.

Monaco away, we fucking bottled that and I'd feel a lot better about the season if we were still in the champions league.

There have been a few games, Liverpool away, Spurs at home, Chelsea at home, Monaco away, Everton both games, but the game that nearly gave me a nosebleed was Leicester. They had been shit before and after playing us, up until they replaced Ranieri, but we literally played into their hands like we did last season.

But i feel we are a few changes off being there, the board need to pull the trigger on some of the old guard, which hopefully they will finally do this year.

boro at home, so annoying and deflating followed by everton and chelsea at home could have won both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.