Your Most Frustrating/Disappointing Game this Season

Think we've lost 9 games in all competitions so far this season and we've only been completely outplayed in 2.. Spurs and Leicester

There's a fair argument to say we could have got something in any of the other 7 and that includes two 4-0 defeats at Barca and Everton

First half in Monaco was the most disappointing for me - utterly gutless. If the attitude had been right from the start, we'd have got through.
Boro and Stoke at home were also galling for the lack of urgency and intent against two poor sides. Spurs and Everton at home were frustrating, given that we could/should have scored 6 or 7 in both, but the performances were good. Arsenal away was frustrating for the lack of ruthlessness - after 5 minutes we had our foot on their throat, but rather than keep it there or push it down, we very gently took it off and did everything possible to coax them back into the game.

Stoke home and every league game since. The chance to put pressure on Chelsea was there and we come away with three draws and a loss. Win two or three of them and top spot is still in play.

It's interesting to note that had we won these last 4 games we would have been just 2 points behind Chelsea.

Monaco away without any doubt. I know Monaco are half decent but it totally took me by surprise that we didn't go through having turned the first leg round so brilliantly. I'm still pretty pissed off about that first half and the way we defended that free kick tbh, unforgivably spineless.
In terms of the league, Leicester away. I found it so depressing that at a point when they were looking like relegation fodder, we appeared to be the only team left in the division who didn't know what to expect and played right in to their hands. Fully expect them to do a number on us again at our place later in the season.

Me, too. We all knew what those Monaco lads could do, but had we had a little more defensive acumen, just like the Haringey home game, a two goal lead should have been enough! Paradoxically, my best game this season would have been the Monaco home fixture! But that's still the way it is with City!

Chelsea home. It wasn't the ref or Chelsea's gamesmanship but the way City let a vital game slip through our fingers because of inability to score goals and concede so easily. Exposed our weaknesses.

It's interesting to note that had we won these last 4 games we would have been just 2 points behind Chelsea.
We're nowhere near Chelsea, or even Spurs because we can't put the ball in the back of the net. Until we find a way of scoring goals, we can forget about winning leagues. I think the solution is on the mend, but wont be sure until Jesus is back and knocking in the goals. We also need a sub striker who can score. Aguero does but the whole team labours for 1 goal a game because he can't escape his markers

Leicester, to get beaten by that team, that way, with Vardy scoring a hattrick despite doing fuck all for the rest of the season.

Stayed up til late to watch it, in a pub surrounded by people finding it very funny. 3-0 inside 20 minutes. Fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.