Your Top 5 Music "Legends"

TheMightyQuinn said:
Tell The King said:
Doherty/Barat
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Strummer
Morrisey/Marr
Pete Townshend

if i could, i'd probably add the cure, bob marley and the strokes, but i'm tied to five.

You have very good taste in music my son

cheers TMQ. however, i merely listen to the music, so full congratulations should probably extend to the heroes mentioned. they we're quality though weren't they? i never saw the libertines live,got into them in 06. saw 'shambles and pete live. met him,fleetingly once. seemed a top bloke,despite the junkie bollocks the red tops shove his way.

Tell The King said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Tell The King said:
Doherty/Barat
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Strummer
Morrisey/Marr
Pete Townshend

if i could, i'd probably add the cure, bob marley and the strokes, but i'm tied to five.

You have very good taste in music my son

cheers TMQ. however, i merely listen to the music, so full congratulations should probably extend to the heroes mentioned. they we're quality though weren't they? i never saw the libertines live,got into them in 06. saw 'shambles and pete live. met him,fleetingly once. seemed a top bloke,despite the junkie bollocks the red tops shove his way.

The fact you like the cure is reason enough for me to congratulate you! Amazing band.

Libertines live were fucking awesome mate, really felt like something special everytime I saw them. Hard to describe but you just sort of knew you were witnessing something special, a real once in a lifetime band.

Babyshambles have their moments and live can be as good as the libs although the magic isnt quite the same.

The weird thing is i actually prefer Pete on his own acoustically on record to either of the 2 bands. I did have every single Libs/Shambles/Pete session lol on my hard drive, I'll have to dig them out now!

Not trying to be smart but every single suggestion in this thread is dependent on one guy : Robert Johnson-The blues player from the 1930's. He inspired Clapton, Page, Keef, Beck and countless others, plus all the skiffle/early rockers that influenced Lennon/Mcartney <spelling>, Ray Davies etc. Everyone should seek out and listen to those recordings from 1936/37. Haunting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39IGl9rWfHc

Blumooniac said:
Not trying to be smart but every single suggestion in this thread is dependent on one guy : Robert Johnson-The blues player from the 1930's. He inspired Clapton, Page, Keef, Beck and countless others, plus all the skiffle/early rockers that influenced Lennon/Mcartney <spelling>, Ray Davies etc. Everyone should seek out and listen to those recordings from 1936/37. Haunting.

He cheated though as the devil gave him all his powers ;)

TheMightyQuinn said:
Blumooniac said:

He cheated though as the devil gave him all his powers ;)

The myth makes it even spookier! :)

Blumooniac said:

true. You can go back even further, to southern gospel all the way back to Africa. Anybody ever get into Palm Wine music? like SE Rogie? Western African music that developed after the Portugese introduced guitars to the Ivory Coast. Magical stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.