Your worst City game ever attended

0-5 by the rags

Luton relegation at home

Liverpool 2-2 again when we got releagted

1-8 at Boro last season. This one possibly the worst because took my youngest son and he was absolutely gutted. He'd never seen any real bad defeats before and I was more gutted for him than myself.

lionheart said:
Halifax 1-0 City when we were a top side...a horrible experience, closely followed by Shrewsbury 1-0 City in the snow.

Think it ended up 2-0 on that fateful day at Shrewsbury 'Lionheart' ... i seem to 'just about' recall being there.

But i do get your overally 'gist' ....... surely the worst day has to be a defeat in the cup at a club who were almost at conference league standard ....... Halifax!

T'was feckin' cold at both those games too!

Seem to remember travelling over for a game vs the blue dippers (around 93-ish) at Maine Rd, and we got tonked 5-2. Margetson was in goal and had a nightmare. Think he was subbed at half time. A long way to travel for a performance like that!

Deyna said:
0-5 at home to Liverpool back in 82. Totally humiliated. To be fair it is remembered as one of the best matches ever played by the scousers.
I was there mate I was only nine sammy lee scored from about 30 yards out my dad the rag was laughing his balls of threatning to take me to that dump over in trafford. As you can see though once a blue always a blue.

lionheart said:
Halifax 1-0 City when we were a top side...a horrible experience, closely followed by Shrewsbury 1-0 City in the snow.

This - a nightmare of a day all round at the Shay. (and yes it was 2-0 at Shrewsbury in the other match).

What about City 0 Bury 1 in the late 90's when we were on our way to League 2?
Awful, awful night. "We're shit and we know we are, we're shit and we know we are....."

Maine Road about 8 years ago, Aston Villa, we had just came up with the successive promotions but were floundering when a poor Villa team came to town.
Left home about 3pm on the friday afternoon to get the train to Belfast, a couple of pints then to the boat, boat full of scousers going to the scouse rags game, bit of banter and the next morn they wished us all the best and we did likewise.
Arrived at Lime Street about 8am and scallys bimbling about with I 8 Mancs on theback of their shirts, giving us strange looks as we were wearing the Sky Blue.
During the train to Picc decided initially to get some scoff in Picc, but after getting off the train the rags were hanging around, walked through them (me wearing the Kappa Brother coat) before one could be heard saying "what the fuck was that"....."Blue Bastards" decided to get scoff in the town.
Got scoff and then a taxi to the beehive, a few beers and then to the ground. about 15 minutes in and 1-0 feed the goat
then it went wrong as we proceeded to lose with even ladyboy hendry scoring and i knew we were doomed and the real prospect of the rags sending us down.
Back to the boat and sitting there glum faced and disconsolate the bindippers even tried to cheer us up with a chorus of Blue Moon, that capped it off and i went to bed.

I remember a QPR game one year, we where both not doing well(95-96, I think they went down with us at the end of the season). City lost 1-0 and put in a gutless performance for the ages, that was summed up during the 2nd half when Michael Brown came on to make his city debut and was quickly sent off for a rash challenge(there's a shock!)but the thing that struck me was the QPR players all surrounded him and no city player even moved towards the incident, and it was left for the referee to pull them off him.

The 3-0 defeat to Leicester at eastlands a few years ago and 0-0 with Boro last season at Maine Road would be up there for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.