Your worst City game ever attended

Saw Paul Lake swallow his tongue at Maine Rd (against Bradford I think!?) scariest thing I saw as a kid and the quietest Ive ever heard a football ground.

Sheffield Utd at home in Division 1 under Keegan I think, they were playing for the 0-0 draw all game, most time wasting i've ever seen. Horrible game.

4-0 away to Wigan, Dunne scored a header with his eyes closed and Heskey scored after a few seconds.

Two spring to mind.

The 5-0 loss at the swamp in 95 (?) came out to see my uncles car had gone.

OR

1-1 in Feb 99 at Chesterfield. Freezing cold, crowded terrace, crap ground, shit game....good goal from Lee Crooks though!

How about 10 years ago or so, Halifax at home on a Friday night. Taxi to the ground from the airport and I see a poster on the way for a Roy Harper concert that evening. I knew then I should have gone to his gig but I did not. Missed the Geo booze up in Amsterdam that weekend as well. Arrived back to hear a few stories but Kinky was class.

blauw said:
How about 10 years ago or so, Halifax at home on a Friday night. Taxi to the ground from the airport and I see a poster on the way for a Roy Harper concert that evening. I knew then I should have gone to his gig but I did not. Missed the Geo booze up in Amsterdam that weekend as well. Arrived back to hear a few stories but Kinky was class.

We won 3-0 that game!

jack said:
What about City 0 Bury 1 in the late 90's when we were on our way to League 2?
Awful, awful night. "We're shit and we know we are, we're shit and we know we are....."

Somewhere in the 60's we played Bury and the quality of football made the consumption of raw sewage a pleasanter experience. It took the legend Leivers to come and rescue a draw with a perfect banana shot. He meant to hit it straight but it went like a banana. Truly awful.. To be honest, there are many contenders from the early sixties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.