Your worst City player

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by citytilllidie, 12 Oct 2017.

1. davymcfc

davymcfc

What a load of old bollocks.

2. Gaz1105

Gaz1105

Neil Heaney
    Scott Hiley
    Martin ‘buster’ Phillips
    Gerry Creaney
    Eddie McGoldrick
    Lee Bradbury
    Tony Scully

Special mention to me mam for taking me to watch this utter dross in the 90s - character building at its best

3. Shaelumstash

Shaelumstash

I've asked my mates who watched City week in week out. Funnily enough, they all thought Dickov was shite.

4. Shaelumstash

Shaelumstash

He was a very poor player. Yep, he has to take a share of the responsibility, just like many others.

He played a significant role in bringing us back up - was bang average in the 3rd division and we finished 3rd. Then he scored a last minute equaliser in the final.

People tend to forget he missed a penalty in the shoot out. If that one had been the difference, I doubt anyone would solely blame him for us not getting promoted. But people do give him the lions share of the credit for getting us promoted. Strange one, obviously down to him running around a lot, bought him a lot of affection.

I think Dickov seems like a really nice guy, apparently was great with the youth players. He had an exceptional attitude for a pro, made the best of himself, gave everything and I think he has a real affection for the club. I like him a lot as a man, I just didn't rate him as a footballer.

5. Mikejl

Mikejl

Snowflake
    Have to defend Dickov here, in his first spell with the club he was an absolute pest, the amount of fouls he would draw out of irritated opposition defenders outweighed his lack of goals - none of the team apart from The Goat were prolific - fair enough in his 2nd spell he’d lost it completely

m

6. Shaelumstash

Shaelumstash

Yeh, "pest" is a good way to describe him. We wound up the opposition and chased down every ball. He just wasn't very good when he got it.

7. BacktoBlue

BacktoBlue

Tóny Cunningham
    Carl Shutt
    Bobby Shinton
    Štěpánovic

8. casualdeyna

casualdeyna

Has anyone said Laurent Charvet yet?

Few years ago I got in a taxi in Edinburgh and got talking to the driver. Asked if I was from Manchester with my accent and said he used to live down there. After speaking bit more he said he was in Manchester playing football, I said who for expecting Droylsden or something and he said "City".

Started looking at him more closely before recognising it was Gary Mason. I told him I thought he was a good player, comfortable on the ball, didn't have the heart to tell him he was painfully slow.

9. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

I remember us being on the attack and the ball hit (rag style) up to Tony on the edge of their box , his headed lay off was that bad it flew back into our own half and set up the opposition for a chance :-S

I feel him and Frontzeck (with his MASSIVE forehead) have had an easy ride, up until now.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2017
  10. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler
    I'm also of the opinion that Dickov was a terrible player and that if he'd been any good, he would have bagged a stack oif goals in the third tier and we;'d have been promoted automatically
    Plus the fact I've never forgiven him for being a twat when playing for Blackburn, to get Distin sent off
    Actually, this should be in the poor decisions thread as the ref awarded a pen and it was an off the ball incident