Your worst City player

I've asked my mates who watched City week in week out. Funnily enough, they all thought Dickov was shite.

It's all about opinions obviously, but having watched City since 1985 Dickov is not in the worst 50 players I've seen - let alone close to being the worst. He's not even in worst 30 strikers. Are you are honestly telling me that you think that he was a worse striker than

Craig Russell
Gerry Creaney
Barry Conlon
Nigel Clough
Ray Kelly
Mark Robins
Carl Shutt
Michael Branch
Lee Peacock
Lee Mills
Leon Mike
Chris Shuker
Emily Ostenstad
Bernado Corradi

Etc etc?

It's all about opinions obviously, but having watched City since 1985 Dickov is not in the worst 50 players I've seen - let alone close to being the worst. He's not even in worst 30 strikers. Are you are honestly telling me that you think that he was a worse striker than

Craig Russell
Gerry Creaney
Barry Conlon
Nigel Clough
Ray Kelly
Mark Robins
Carl Shutt
Michael Branch
Lee Peacock
Lee Mills
Leon Mike
Chris Shuker
Emily Ostenstad
Bernado Corradi

Etc etc?

If you added all of their performances together, you'd still probably not have as many appearances as Dickov made for City.

That's a horrendous list, I must admit. But the nature of the topic for me it would have to be someone who played a considerable amount of games, not a young kid who never made it, or a crock at the end of their career making one or two appearances.

If Dickov hadn't scored that goal at Wembley, there would be no questions asked about him being on the "worst of" list. It's only sentimentality that stops people analysing his actual performances in a City shirt. Every time I saw his name on the team sheet I thought "we're going to struggle to score a goal today" that's pretty damning for a centre forward.

I'm also of the opinion that Dickov was a terrible player and that if he'd been any good, he would have bagged a stack oif goals in the third tier and we;'d have been promoted automatically
Plus the fact I've never forgiven him for being a twat when playing for Blackburn, to get Distin sent off
Actually, this should be in the poor decisions thread as the ref awarded a pen and it was an off the ball incident

I appreciate that, mate.

There was lots of us at the time who thought Dickov was a terrible player. But because of Wembley, the Dickov myth has grown and grown and people seem to have completely forgot how bad he was in his other 150 odd games.

Craig Russell
Gerry Creaney
Barry Conlon
Nigel Clough
Ray Kelly
Mark Robins
Carl Shutt
Michael Branch
Lee Peacock
Lee Mills
Leon Mike
Chris Shuker
Emily Ostenstad
Bernado Corradi

Etc etc?

See if you can name 20 worse players who played over 100 games for the club. I think you'll struggle.

I might get a bit of grief for this but I thought Steve Lomas was wank.

Barry Sidall
Tony Scully
Terry Cooke
Graham Baker
David Johnson
Wayne Clarke
Nigel Johnson
Eike Immel

Loads more can be added to that too.
WTF?? He was a decent footballer, I could list dozens of worse players that have worn the shirt without even having to think too hard.

Paul Dickov always gave 100% whenever I saw him play, which is more than you can say for many who wore the blue shirt...
Which is why I will always like him.

Albeit he doesn’t deserve to be mentioned on this thread one player that really wound me up was Nasri. Other than both scoring important goals at Wembley you could argue they were polar opposites. Nasri had talent coming out of his ears but only turned it on when he felt like it. I’ll refrain from mentioning the Derby.

See if you can name 20 worse players who played over 100 games for the club. I think you'll struggle.

Maybe. But that’s a very different thread. 'Worst players who were good enough to play over 100 games for the club'.

I've just listed 10+ strikers who weren't as good. In terms of ability, endeavour and impact I could think of at least 100 players worse than Dickov in my lifetime off the top of my head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.