Your worst City player

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by citytilllidie, 12 Oct 2017.

1. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

When you say the great side we had a few years earlier. Do you mean about 40 years earlier?

2. Abattoir Blue

Abattoir Blue

The 97/98 team was reverse Top Gun..."the worst of the worst"

Darren Wassall
    Paul Beesley
    Tony Scully
    Jason Van Blerk
    Neil Heaney

Etc etc

I think the reason we don't tend to list these players amongst our worst is;
    1) most didn't stay long enough for us to truly comprehend how bad they were.
    2) collectively I think that just after that season most fans suffered a kind of collective PTSD meaning memories of what happened are hazy and vague.

Last edited: 12 Oct 2017
  3. Lancet Fluke

Lancet Fluke

I had literally forgotten Darren Walsall even existed. So thanks for that. You bastard.

4. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

I was working in Darlington, the Summer we were rumoured to be interested in Kernaghan. Darlington played a friendly against Boro and City scouts were going to check Kernaghan out. I went to the game and after said, no way we're buying that lump. Hey ho

5. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

Brian Clough bought him for Forest and after the first training session put him on the transfer list. Hilarious

6. Abattoir Blue

Abattoir Blue

Think you're misrepresenting his stats slightly. He never really started more than 22 games a season at City. Scored 15 in promotion season 98/99. And his work rate endeavour got us some big goals at important moments (eg v Stoke Xmas 98).

Wasn't the most talented ever, but the fact he went on to do well at Leicester and Blackburn in Prem shows he was decent.

7. TravisBickle

TravisBickle

Keegan's first couple of seasons were great, you can't deny that.
    Compare that to the previous 20 odd years and you see where I'm coming from.

8. KS55

KS55

I think it was Fenton who bought him while Clough was on holiday. Clough returns and:
    "What the fuck ? " Fenton: " He was too good to miss, just because you were away"
    Clough "He hasn't a fucking clue"
    End of Forest career.
    (That's to the best of my recollection)

9. goatersnipple

goatersnipple

Site manager
    Danny mills.
    Mcmanamanamanaman.
    Thats all

10. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

Ha Ha