Your worst footballing moment?

Notts County away in the FA Cup. Early 1990's. My dad had taken me to my first ever away match at Burnley in the 3rd round. We won and drew Port Vale away. We managed to get tickets for that and won there. Then we drew Notts County, another lower league team. I was so utterly convinced that I was our lucky mascot and with me there I'd be following us all the way to Wembley.
That game genuinely knocked the stuffing out of me for weeks. As they say, it's the hope that kills you, and that hope being snatched away hurt like hell.

And Colin wanker was their manager

Yeah, I can see where you’re coming from with the Gillingham game.

I was absolutely devastated when the second went in and like 99.9% of Blues, thought it was all over. It was doubly disappointing for me, as the following season, I intended to have a season ticket for the first time.

However, what came next had no equal until 13 years later. The lad sat next to me just didn’t celebrate when SuperKev MkI scored.
I didn’t celebrate that goal nor the Džeko goal in the QPR game. Thought both meant nothing at the time, just consolations to a play-off final defeat and a league title defeat. Then...

Having thought about it now I think the second Gillingham goal and the minutes after it was the low point for me too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.