Lescott -7
Bridge - 7
SWP - 8
Ireland - 6
Barry - 7
Robinho - 6
Tevez - 7
Adebayor - 7

Good all round performance. What the hell has happened to Micha's pace? Zab will nab his place if he doesn't wake up!

Best Ratings so far really! Most have given SWP as 6 after he scored a goal, worked his arse off and took the corner which saw Tevez score! Though Given is MOTM definately! Robinho had some nice passing and was clever all day! Plus he had good buildup!

Re: City v Palace - Official Match Thread

Very good City away performance. I read some of the stuff on here before half time but i have to disagree. Even in the first half, the team worked soooo hard it didn't even look like the City we know. Everytime we lost the ball, we got back into position, it was superb work from all the team, especially SWP, Barry and Ireland. They got a few chances with Sears's world class movement (Henry-like) because of the lack of communication between Toure and Lescott, but you can understand that. Lescott has been thrown in at the deep end, without hardly knowing his team mates. Both defenders did well tonight, looked very good. The whole team worked for each other. The strikeforce is deadly, and SWP was immense. He played like the old SWP, who beat 4 and 5 players nearly every run he made. He was outstanding, and his work rate was brilliant. Robinho was good to watch, Adebayor played decent, Barry was very good (off the ball mainly, super buy), Ireland's passing was superb.

We'd have been out of site by half time, if that stupid fat twat of a linesman knew how to do his job properly.

I don't get all the negativity. Normally under that pressure, constant closing down type of game Palace played tonight, we crumble. We did it sooo many times last season. Tonight we weren't typical City, we scrapped. I'm telling you now, away from home if we keep doing that and playing with that sort of intensity we will win alot more games than we will lose on the road.

Pleased with the result, and performance.

citizens_1976 said:
Very good City away performance. I read some of the stuff on here before half time but i have to disagree. Even in the first half, the team worked soooo hard it didn't even look like the City we know. Everytime we lost the ball, we got back into position, it was superb work from all the team, especially SWP, Barry and Ireland. They got a few chances with Sears's world class movement (Henry-like) because of the lack of communication between Toure and Lescott, but you can understand that. Lescott has been thrown in at the deep end, without hardly knowing his team mates. Both defenders did well tonight, looked very good. The whole team worked for each other. The strikeforce is deadly, and SWP was immense. He played like the old SWP, who beat 4 and 5 players nearly every run he made. He was outstanding, and his work rate was brilliant. Robinho was good to watch, Adebayor played decent, Barry was very good (off the ball mainly, super buy), Ireland's passing was superb.

We'd have been out of site by half time, if that stupid fat twat of a linesman knew how to do his job properly.

I don't get all the negativity. Normally under that pressure, constant closing down type of game Palace played tonight, we crumble. We did it sooo many times last season. Tonight we weren't typical City, we scrapped. I'm telling you now, away from home if we keep doing that and playing with that sort of intensity we will win alot more games than we will lose on the road.

Good post mate, I admit I was negative first half seeing as we didn't really test their keeper and Given had to make 3 or 4 good saves to keep us level at HT, but overall I'm well pleased with that.

I liked Tevez's goal. Striker at the near post.

PaleBlue said:
citizens_1976 said:

Good post mate, I admit I was negative first half seeing as we didn't really test their keeper and Given had to make 3 or 4 good saves to keep us level at HT, but overall I'm well pleased with that.
On the ball, we weren't at our best, but off the ball we were excellent, especially in midfield and upfront. They all worked very hard as a team. First time i have seen that in years.
Goto to give credit to Palace, they were excellent all game.

Marvin said:
I liked Tevez's goal. Striker at the near post.
Yeh. Loved his whole contribution. I laughed everytime he got the ball. He was surrounded by 3 red and blue shirts !!

Only player i can criticise is Richards. Switched off a few times.

It was never going to be easy, every game we play from now on will be difficult because of the money we have spent on players. For me a professional job done, another clean sheet, another 90 mins for players to develope their understanding of one another. Only team in prem not to have conceeded. Long may it continue.

We need to get used to this sort of game. Because every team will have a lot of passion to try and beat us more than ever. Which is excellent I think.

Should have been 4-0, terrible terrible off-side decisions against us, maybe one iffy penalty decision which helped us.

Well done the supporters who made it down to the game, great support.

Anyway, great game. And another clean sheet ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.