YouTube

Rich

Laptop to Tv

My rents recently aquired some all singing all dancing tele, 40inch sony bravia and I would like to display my laptop on the tele and link it up. I have an apple macbook and thus don't have the usual pc screw in ports that are common however I found this:
<a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-3x-RCA-Phono-AV-Cable-Lead-Video-to-TV-Projector_W0QQitemZ310108410953QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item310108410953&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A2%7C240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-3x-RCA-Pho ... 240%3A1318</a>
Would something like this work as I am clueless when it comes to wiring (sp?) so if not any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Laptop to Tv

You should have a connection on your mac laptop that looks like a usb, but it is not a usb. you need a cable from that connection to your tv (depending on your available tv connection. hope that makes sense

ahhh got it, needed a mini dvi to dvi converter then a dvi to hdmi (converter to tv) wire and thats should be it....apple want 15quid, for a converter haha, ebay for both of em, sub-total 14.95 including postage! The cheek of it all! thanks for your help blue!

Rich said:
ahhh got it, needed a mini dvi to dvi converter then a dvi to hdmi (converter to tv) wire and thats should be it....apple want 15quid, for a converter haha, ebay for both of em, sub-total 14.95 including postage! The cheek of it all! thanks for your help blue!

I wanted to know which to use for linking my macbook to the tv. Cheers for that, might buy them too

what you are looking for is a VGA cable. It goes from the port for monitors in the back of your laptop to the port for PC's in the back of your tv.

you need to get a sound jack that will go from the headphones port from your laptop to the audio in (yellow,red) ports on your TV.

Just go in soundstore and ask for a VGA cable and then a sound jack for laptop to tv

I hope someone can help, for some reason when i get on YouTube and choose a subject e.g music vids, i choose the desired group and track but the screen remains black and nothing happens, it was fine a couple of days ago?

I have just been trying to connect my Toshiba lap top to a Sony Bravia with a monitor
cable, all I get on the tv is the wallpaper that is on the lap top, nothing else shows up.
Tried a film but nothing.

cityzenofspain said:
I have just been trying to connect my Toshiba lap top to a Sony Bravia with a monitor
cable, all I get on the tv is the wallpaper that is on the lap top, nothing else shows up.
Tried a film but nothing.

Look at your graphics card instructions/helpfiles (may need to download instructions from manufacturer)
It is possible to set up second displays as extra work space...particularly useful if you work with image manipulation/video editing software to do one thing in one screen and something else on another. This is obviously not what you are trying to do, but it may be the default setting for a second monitor on your graphics card (very unusual though).
You will need to tell the computer to treat the TV as the main monitor. There will be a setting in the graphics card/display settings box to adjust.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.