Yugoslavia

jared

Silly question regarding a made up scenario. But I'm curious if they had not broken up into many smaller nations, what would their current team makeup be like today and how far do you think they will progress in this World Cup? Provided all the players get along with each other that is. What do you all think?

jared said:
Silly question regarding a made up scenario. But I'm curious if they had not broken up into many smaller nations, what would their current team makeup be like today and how far do you think they will progress in this World Cup? Provided all the players get along with each other that is. What do you all think?

They always had great teams in the old days. I recall the 1994 world cup when but for a missed penalty they would have beaten Brazil who went on to win it. A combination of technical ability, guile and physicality.

jared said:

It's purely hypothetical because you don't know how cliques and egos would develop in the dressing room, after all they had a great team in the 80s and didn't really achieve anything.

On paper a team of:

Begovic

Srna
Loveren
Vidic
Kolarov

Pjanic
Rakitic
Modric

Pandev
Dzeko
Mandzukic

And the other dozen or so permutations that'll be posted as the strength in depth is phenomenal; looks great on paper.

They would be sniffing around the top i reckon, a bit like Holland do kinda imo.
It is a good question tbh jared, you should be hired as the bluemoon transfer thread distraction.

So who would be in it now do we reckon?, our Edin and Kolorov i would be reasonably certain about.

CITYBOY1000 said:
jared said:

They always had great teams in the old days. I recall the 1994 world cup when but for a missed penalty they would have beaten Brazil who went on to win it. A combination of technical ability, guile and physicality.

If I am not mistaken they did not play in the 94 world cup.

CITYBOY1000 said:
jared said:

I don't recall that match but they always seem to have a mixture of brilliant players and hard players.

GazC said:
jared said:

It's purely hypothetical because you don't know how cliques and egos would develop in the dressing room, after all they had a great team in the 80s and didn't really achieve anything.

On paper a team of:

Begovic

Srna
Loveren
Vidic
Kolarov

Pjanic
Rakitic
Modric

Pandev
Dzeko
Mandzukic

And the other dozen or so permutations that'll be posted as the strength in depth is phenomenal; looks great on paper.

Yes that line up looks superb, not sure about the balance though or who will coach them. Don't forget our jovetic. And ivanovic, matic etc.

TCIB said:
They would be sniffing around the top i reckon, a bit like Holland do kinda imo.
It is a good question tbh jared, you should be hired as the bluemoon transfer thread distraction.

So who would be in it now do we reckon?, our Edin and Kolorov i would be reasonably certain about.

Lol thanks. Have been pondering this question ever since Bosnia and Croatia crashed out.

I actually think they have a great chance to move out of the group stage but anything after that I can't be sure. In a lone striker formation, i wonder who will get the nod, Dzeko or manduzkic?

mancitymick said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
jared said:

I thought they did but my memory isn't what it was. Could it have been 1998 in France then ?

CITYBOY1000 said:
mancitymick said:
CITYBOY1000 said:

I thought they did but my memory isn't what it was. Could it have been 1998 in France then ?

May be

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.