Yugoslavia

SlimShadyRus said:
Dicko69 said:
tidyman said:
They booed him off the park in one of the home friendlies before the World Cup because they reckoned he wasn't trying.

At least it wasn't anything new for him.

And in answer to the original question, they'd be shit because they'd all hate each other.

USSR had nearly half the world to pick from and they never did anything at World Cups.

Is that why england are shit? Everyone hates scousers, cockneys aint much more popular
4th place in 1966 and some unfair knock-outs due to awful referees and politic situation. And this "half of the world" has never been a football half. But USSR still shwed good results bot at World Cups and Euro's

Apologies. Forgot about their fourth place finish in '66. I'll change it from, never did anything, to, as successful as South Korea then.

CITYBOY1000 said:
SlimShadyRus said:
Crna Gora, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Slovenia, Macedonia

Goalkeepers
Pletikosa, Handanovic, Begovic

LB/RB
Kolarov, Ivanovic, Srna

CD
Nastasic, Subotić, Savić, Lovren

CM
Matic, Pjanić, Modric, Misimović, Ibričić, Rakitić, Kovačić

Wingers
Tosic, Ljajić, Agim Ibraimi, Lulić, Ivan Perišić

Strikers
Dzeko, Mandžukić, Ibisevic, Jovetic, Pandev, Mirko Vučinić

----------------------Pletikosa--------------------
Srna---------Subotic--Nastasic--Kolarov--
-----------------------Matic--------------------------
------------Pjanic-------------Modric--------------
-Rakitic/Jovetic---------------------------Tosic---
-----------------------Mandzukic--------------------

What does Crna Gora mean ? What about Montenegro as well ?

Crna Gora basically is Montenegro

CITYBOY1000 said:
mancitymick said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
They always had great teams in the old days. I recall the 1994 world cup when but for a missed penalty they would have beaten Brazil who went on to win it. A combination of technical ability, guile and physicality.

If I am not mistaken they did not play in the 94 world cup.

I thought they did but my memory isn't what it was. Could it have been 1998 in France then ?

1990. and it was Argentina in quarters who lost final against Germany. Ivkovic saved Maradona's penalty but some of Yugoslavian penalties were dreadful.

1994/98 would probably be tournaments where Yugoslavian team would be one of candidates to win it. They won U21 World Cup 1987. and Croatia were 3rd in 1998. with players from that team,

Current players would form a team that could beat anyone too.

Fuck Yugoslavia though.

KippaxCitizen said:
GazC said:
jared said:
Silly question regarding a made up scenario. But I'm curious if they had not broken up into many smaller nations, what would their current team makeup be like today and how far do you think they will progress in this World Cup? Provided all the players get along with each other that is. What do you all think?

It's purely hypothetical because you don't know how cliques and egos would develop in the dressing room, after all they had a great team in the 80s and didn't really achieve anything.

On paper a team of:

Begovic

Srna
Loveren
Vidic
Kolarov

Pjanic
Rakitic
Modric

Pandev
Dzeko
Mandzukic

And the other dozen or so permutations that'll be posted as the strength in depth is phenomenal; looks great on paper.
Stevan Jovetić over Mandžukić!
Matija Nastasić over Vidić!

Vidic dropped of pretty badly last season tbf, not saying that because he was a rag either.
Even utd fans said this, him and Evra really dropped of the pace last season.

GHoddle said:
------------------Begovic
Ivanovic--Lovren--Subotic--Kolarov
---------------------Matic---------------
----------Modric-------Rakitic-----
---------------------Pjanic------------
----------Dzeko------------Mandzukic

I believe AT THIS MOMENT - this is the closest call for would-be lineup.

And it is damn good, particularly that midfield...damn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.