zander offered contract

Cant say I have seen either of them play, but it would seem, that the kid named Wabara has overtaken Zander.

I only base this on the fact that Wabara has been playing lb for the reserves ahead of Zander.

Well, I haven't seen him either but I remember when he joined us that the newspapers said at 16 he was on the brink of Schalke's first team squad. Schalke are not a bad team at all so he must have been showing something at the time. Maybe we are giving him terms because Sylvinho and Garrido are both likely to exit at the season's end, giving us only Bridge as a left-back before new signings.

It was one of the "terms" that if he came to us we would offer him a pro contract on his 17th birthday. Apparently he hasn't done that well since he came. Jeremy Helan the same.

Not many of these young players that go to any clubs seem to make it, too much money too young

Shame as are policy was to get all these youngsters and bring them through

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Not many of these young players that go to any clubs seem to make it, too much money too young

The annoying thing is they replace young mancunian/english lads who are just as good.

Immaculate Pasta said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

The annoying thing is they replace young mancunian/english lads who are just as good.

Not sure how many mancuanians have come through of late, normally irish, london, leeds area but i get your point,bring foreign kids in and they no better

Zander played for the under 16's on Saturday and looked fine ( as he should as an over age player) Reasonably quick, strong and positive. Would need to see him at reserve team level to judge better. Wabara was playing left back for the under 18's which might say something bearing in mind he is more of a center back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.