Zero points for a 0-0

Kippax.

FOREVER REMEMBERED, NEVER FORGOTTEN. Sue Clark xxx
Hear me out with this.

It will stop teams playing defensive football. Like in the Manchester Derby, If both teams knew they would go away from the game with nothing, do you think Mancini with 20 mins to go start making subs and play even more defensive football, both teams would of pushed for the result, which would in turn make more space and create a better game.

So it would be like this:

* 0-0 gets both teams 0pts
* A score draw gives you 1pt
* And a win gives you 3pts

The game is about scoring goals, so why should you get something when either side score fuck all?

The Benefits:

* Teams will have to look for goals.
* You would get smaller clubs having to attack instead of sitting back
* The game would be better to watch
* Bums would go on seats.

Some people would say, the game doesn’t need changing well technically it has not. But the modern game is more and more about not losing than actually getting a result.

Your thoughts?

Don't know about that. What pisses me off perennially are teams who nick a bloody game 1-0 and scarper back 'ome with three points and have been battered beyond belief. Remember the City v Bolton match a few seasons back? Needs a little bit more analysis, I think.

I've said for about 5 years that you should get:

0 points for a defeat
1 point for a goalless draw
2 points for a score draw
4 points for a win

There is no real solution to combatting defensive tactics by managers with points gained/not gained during matches. I imagine if a team went 1-0 up eary on they would become ultra defensive to protect it even more which would be a backward step. What we need is more attack minded managers with guts to go for wins and not Mancini types.

Dunno, lesser teams do deserve something when carving out a good performance against superior opposition. If Blackpool just went for it every week, they'd end up getting battered every week. There's a reason West Brom have yo-yo'd season after season.

1 for a goalless draw
2 for a score draw
3 for a win?

How about a point for every goal you score? Win or lose.

Then your boring one-nils are poor return points-wise.

Just a thought.<br /><br />-- 20 Nov 2010 15:49 --<br /><br />... ah, but then teams could agree to just kick goals in for fun just to boost both their points. Stupid idea. Shut up Zubrman.

K.Reeves right foot said:
There is no real solution to combatting defensive tactics by managers with points gained/not gained during matches. I imagine if a team went 1-0 up eary on they would become ultra defensive to protect it even more which would be a backward step. What we need is more attack minded managers with guts to go for wins and not Mancini types.

The problem with the current day job being a manager is that, if you have three straight defeats then your job is on the line. If you win three then you are in line for the England job. Look at today for example, Arsenal Vs Tottenham i turned on talk sport at half time to hear Tottenham fans slagging of Harry Redknapp saying he's took on a too big club in Tottenham and he’s not as good as what people think, and praising Arsen. Then low and behold you turn it on at full time and all you are getting is Harrys a top manager and Arsenal fans asking for Arsen to be sacked. No wonder teams play defensive.

There is no solution because there isn't a problem. If you want high scoring games watch basketball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.