ZIDANE- film tonight

I'm watching this on iPlayer and have to say I'm quite enjoying it. I found it a bit challenging to begin with but now I'm hooked. I don't know why its so interesting watching him but it is. I don't know if its simply the way it is shot but he seems so detached, its quite surreal. Art and sport don't usually fit together too comfortably but this works well. It would be interesting to see other players given the same treatment.

God it was boring, it must have been the hottest day ever as he was sweating like mad & yet only ran for about 30 seconds in the whole game.

Bigbagofwankybollocks IMO.

The two films on after it were far more enjoyable.

A fresh faced Mike Summerbee featured heavily in John Boorman's '6 Days To Saturday' which was watchable.

And Ken Loach's Everton docudrama "The Golden Vision" was excellent. There was even some footage from a City game from the 67/68 championship season in that with a 'colourful' reaction from Big Mal after the game.

Just watched it on I-Player with my finger on the fast forward........................its a good job i didnt waste 90mins on it last night
Great player and all that,but this was SHIT

If you want to watch a good football film.In The Hands Of The Gods,was on BBC4 on tuesday night try and find it if you can.
You wont be disappointed

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYeUawzfSo4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYeUawzfSo4</a>

At the time this came out, I watched it and found it ultimately pointless! It's like the film makers took a chance on this game being an "El Classico", but got quite a dud. A one shot deal that fell flat.

That aside, I thought the film was fundamentally flawed, in that it never showed, at any point, the tactical movement of Zidane and how he affects a game! Just full of close ups, like it was a study of a lion in the wilderness!

Pointless.

Just watched it on iPlayer.

Although it doesn't show how he affects the game, it was strangely beautiful, and although I was thinking 'this is crap', I watched it all...!

He seems very emotionless, even when he sets up the equaliser..nothing, then when he sees red...nothing.
His one bit of emotion showing was during a chat with Roberto Carlos.

I also found it interesting how little he spoke during the game, he was just thinking..and doing.

He's practically always been like that, though, QR. He internalises everything which eventually boils out!

For me, you can only tell what he's analyzing by his eyes, therefore the greater vision of the pitch, shot at the same time as the close up and, perhaps tracking/ tailing the movement, would given us a greater insight of the man, Zidane and what he imposes on the game. Not just an Enigma.

A fantastic opportunity missed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.