Zlatan on a free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would only sign him just for the revenue we would make from shirt sales etc, other than that I hope we stay clear, I would rather see kelechi get the game time, and it will be interesting to see him at United, guarantee you it won't last long

Zlatan called Pep a coward for how he treated him, in his mind no doubt it was with not enough 'respect'

His days are gone, why hold back any player such as Kelechi for him

Zlatan called Pep a coward for how he treated him, in his mind no doubt it was with not enough 'respect'

His days are gone, why hold back any player such as Kelechi for him

I know he does my head in this prick..... Zlatan this... Zlatan that.... fuck off you shit Andy Carroll

Nonsense.

Have you read Zlatans book?

He speaks very highly of Messi and regards him as the best ever.

Take off your blue goggles
I haven't read Zlatan's book - but this totally makes sense to me. Zlatan is massively egotistical, but he's also willing to grudgingly admit that someone derives more praise than he does. He backed Sneider for the Balon'Dor a few years back.

Anyhow, based on some TV documentary about Zlatan's career - maybe it was ESPN - can't remember - my admittedly foggy recollection is that Zlatan was really pissed off that Pep wanted to feature Messi as the prime player on offense at Barca. If my recollection is accurate, Zlatan supposedly confronted Pep about this. Meanwhile, Messi was supposedly complaining to Pep about this same issue - i.e., Messi wanted to be the offensive focus and was upset about Zlatan's reaction to this.

Again - if memory serves, what happened is that Pep sided with Messi - and to avoid some blow up with Zlatan, Pep pretty much avoided Ibra after his complaints. Ibra subsequently accused Pep of being a coward for not facing him and explaining his actions.

Nonetheless, perhaps retrospectively speaking, I can see Zlantan admitting that Messi is better than he is.

The "Pep is a coward" thing I think stemmed from Pep's handling of this incident.

But really - some 6'-5" egomaniac insisting on being the focus of your offense when you have Messi in your squad... I'd probably handle this situation exactly as Pep did. Make your best player - Messi - happy - and get rid of Zlatan as soon as possible, meanwhile avoiding Ibra at all times.

However, at the time that Zlatan wanted to be the focus of Barca's offense - I've no doubt that Ibra thought that he was better than Messi at the time - otherwise, why would he complain to Pep?

And also... as their respective careers unfolded... I can totally see Zlatan becoming more and more impressed with Messi - even to the point of admitting that Messi is better than he is.
===========
As I've said before, Ibra is really unlucky to have two freakishly great players in world football overlapping his career. If not for Messi (for 100% sure) and Ronaldo (to a somewhat lesser extent) - Ibra would have been the greatest player of his generation.
============
Ibra is an egotistical maniac; selfish, lazy, etc.

But he fucking takes no quarter from his teammates - so, I'd much prefer Ibra over the entirely self-centered Ronaldo who could seem to fucking care less about anything other than himself. Ibra at least demands top performances from every player on his team.

And - right or wrong - Ibra will fucking fight/step on/ punch/etc. anyone in the opposition taking action against his team; Ibra has been red-carded for some incidents in this regard.

Ronaldo, though, couldn't care less. In other words, Ibra will motivate everyone on his team except for players who feel that they are better than he his - in which case, Ibra will make their live's hell. Ronaldo is a massive team demotivator.
=============
Finally, Ibra can't have more than 1 season or miraculously 2 seasons left in him - if he came to City, I'd expect Ibra to get into some huge issues with Kun; maybe not though, maybe Ibra would accept a secondary role - but I don't think so.

So for me, I wouldn't sign Ibra - especially given his problems with Pep - unless I spoke with him first and made sure that he was OK with not being our first choice striker.

And Pep would also have to live with someone basically walking around the pitch - not pressing when the ball turns over - this seems 100% contrary to Pep's philosophy.

In a perfect world, our manager would have this conversation with Ibra - and Ibra would agree to being second choice. At which point we could let go Bony - who for whatever reason has proven to be totally ineffective for us - and then we could have a nice 3-man striker rotation - Kun, Ibra - and Nacho, learning the trade.

And in this same perfect world - Zlatan would have to accept wages lower than Kun. If word got out that Zlatan was on higher wages than Kun... nothing good could come of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.