Zonal defending = 3 leaked goals. It has to stop!

ManCityFC

This shite didn't work. We need to go man for man. Pissed off with it now.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

ManCityFC said:

I would agree if we didn't have the best defensive record in the prem!!

sent from my zx81 using fingers

we have one of the best defencive records in the prem so please stop being all drama queen. ;)

We still have one of the best defences in the league, and joint most clean sheets.
And one of those 3 was a penalty, not really down to zonal marking.

ManCityFC said:

Silly knee jerk reaction to a bad defensive display. This is the same zonal defending we have used effectively all season. Are you seriously suggesting we change it after one duff display ?

Gelsons Dad said:
ManCityFC said:

We are terrible when it comes to set plays! Every time we get beaten in the air, like you say we have a good defensive record but I wonder how many goals we have conceded from set plays. Maybe time to pick out the danger men and man to man mark them at set plays. Wolves have just made us look mediocre at the back, as did Liecester.

stony said:
ManCityFC said:

Silly knee jerk reaction to a bad defensive display. This is the same zonal defending we have used effectively all season. Are you seriously suggesting we change it after one duff display ?
Plus the one last week at Leicester. We comforted ourselves after that by saying VK wasn't playing. Today he was, which is disturbing.

Bobbins said:
Gelsons Dad said:

We are terrible when it comes to set plays! Every time we get beaten in the air, like you say we have a good defensive record but I wonder how many goals we have conceded from set plays. Maybe time to pick out the danger men and man to man mark them at set plays. Wolves have just made us look mediocre at the back.
Not many at all. i think its 2 or 3 goals from only from corners-.

stop moaning, the defence was pathetic today but Mancini will sort it out until next game

Bobbins said:
Gelsons Dad said:

We are terrible when it comes to set plays! Every time we get beaten in the air, like you say we have a good defensive record but I wonder how many goals we have conceded from set plays. Maybe time to pick out the danger men and man to man mark them at set plays. Wolves have just made us look mediocre at the back.
Since bobby come in we have only conceeded about 4 goals from a corner and 3 were in the last 2 matches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.