Zonal Marking: City need an intelligent regista for Europe

collie41 said:
VanPersie said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
It's Yaya
This. Yaya Toures range of passing is up there with the best.

Man City have won 11 of their 12 matches. They just happen to be drawn into a monster group.

Yaya Toures wonderful ball over the top to Ballotelli should have given Man City a good result away at Napoli, it just happened that Mario missed and now Man City need another midfielder lol.

Yes great ball by Yaya, but no miss from Mario, if anything he hit it too well, great vision to find a fantastic run!

Keeper knew fook all about it - it hit his elbow and got lucky

mike channon´s windmill said:
collie41 said:
VanPersie said:
This. Yaya Toures range of passing is up there with the best.

Man City have won 11 of their 12 matches. They just happen to be drawn into a monster group.

Yaya Toures wonderful ball over the top to Ballotelli should have given Man City a good result away at Napoli, it just happened that Mario missed and now Man City need another midfielder lol.

Yes great ball by Yaya, but no miss from Mario, if anything he hit it too well, great vision to find a fantastic run!

Keeper knew fook all about it - it hit his elbow and got lucky
spot on, if that had gone in i felt we would have gone on to win it,

gelly said:
Deep lying playmaker or playmaker is absolutely crucial in Europe. The teams that found regular success in Europe in the past decade have had the best playmakers.

Think Liverpool - Alonso, Barcelona - Xavi, Milan - Pirlo, Manchester United - Scholes, Arsenal - Fabregas.

I can see Silva in the role, but he would have to drop a little deeper, and become more central, perform the Sneijder role ala Inter 09/10.

Regular success? I suppose the 93-94 ECWC was a great night for the Gooners, but their trophy room has recently only had an echo to it.

Or what about Sneijder at Inter?

However, i catch your drift.

Sounds like Luka Modric then. Nuri Sahin would have been great in that role as well, too bad Mourinho and Madrid got to him first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.