Zonal Marking

masterwig said:
If we were zonally marking then why for example did Barry follow Dunne on that corner in the second half? If it was zonal surely once Dunney left Barry's 'zone' then he would have stopped tracking his run.

We have a few zonal players such as the man on the post and usually Ade near the front post too but on the whole we man-mark the key men.

To be honest I think the reason players have been so far from their man has been sloppy marking.

Thats the thing with Zonal marking. If a player does run past you, you can quite easily be pulled out of that position. I honestly think not having Micah in the team has limited us even more at set pieces.

City on the corner yesterday man mark.

Save you consider that standing by a post is marking, no players standing near a post mark.

Those players are attributed duties in relation with the ball, never a player. Players or no players near them, their duties stay the same.

it is a half zonal and half man to man, ade last night as he has done all season takes the area around the front post, lescott, toure, and barry man mark the problem was dunne was to good and strong for barry to cope with, both oportunities that came dunnes way came about as lescott and toure were dragged to the near post leaving barry and dunne to contest the cross which as we all saw was a mismatch, MON obviously did his homework on us

i do agree that when richards is not playing we are a bit short of hieght from a set peice point of veiw, if richards had been playing he would have more than likely picked up dunne which maybe would have had a different outcome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.