Zonal marking...

Tricky_Trev said:
Were you impressed by how we executed it, or bricking it every time the ball came in? Personally, although there was a clear, free header in the 2nd half, i actually felt much calmer during opposition free-kicks than i do normally. Vinnie in particular seemed to always be perfectly placed in his "zone". So from me, Mancini's zonal marking gets a big thumbs up. Zonal marking gets incredibly bad press from "pundits", but in actual fact, goals are conceeded just as regularly from man-marking at set pieces. People only criticise it because they see something different, and make a meal of it, assuming that any goal conceeded is a direct result of zonal marking instead of man-marking. How come when a team conceeds whilst man-marking, no pundit says that they should introduce zonal marking? Answer... because it's only just entered the Premier League after being introduced by continental coaches, and people can't deal with new ideas. When there's good organisation, zonal marking can work extremley well. What did everyone else make of it?
zonal marking has not necessarily just been introduced its been around a while the leeds side that won the league in 91 containing mcallister strachan cantona etc and managed by howard wilkinson (english coach) used zonal marking quite effectively

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.