Zonal marking...

MeatnSpudsMCFC

Utter shite... it was ridiculous watching Lescott having to mark an area with 4 other Liverpool players. Every other team in the league is laughing at us for it, they just make runs into the box and we are fucked. Thought we were lucky not to conceed from corners yesterday, it was certainly close.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Utter shite... it was ridiculous watching Lescott having to mark an area with 4 other Liverpool players. Every other team in the league is laughing at us for it, they just make runs into the box and we are fucked. Thought we were lucky not to conceed from corners yesterday, it was certainly close.

Yeah but it's just a trick to make people panic. Those four players are going to get in each others way, and unless it's the best header this season, they still have to get into a better position if they are going to score. They end up in someone else's zone eventually, and we cleared all but one of them tonight. I do think it needs tweaking in some other respects but don't worry about teams laughing at us, we are still the second hardest team to score against in the league.

Easy cliched criticism to make but one not borne out by the facts.

2nd best defence in the league and that's in spite of playing without a left back for most of the season

I don't like it too much but then again I agree with the guy above.

Could do a mix of both and have the tallest players man marked by our best headers and then the rest just mark the space if you like and just remain zonal. Could work but again it's something the fans see that the manager no doubt won't.

Bongo Joe said:
I don't like it too much but then again I agree with the guy above.

Could do a mix of both and have the tallest players man marked by our best headers and then the rest just mark the space if you like and just remain zonal. Could work but again it's something the fans see that the manager no doubt won't.
Besides we were mising it up, and Carroll was often Man marked by lescott, while Dzeko, Kompany and Kolarov formed the front Center and back end of the zone. Except from the Kuyt header which was a pretty good job by him. We cleared practically everyone of the others with ease.

This is one of those threads that falls into the "criticizing everything that went wrong and then some that went right" category. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the zonal marking today.

didnt see the replay on the 3rd goal, but if Carroll was making the run on the inside of Lescott and Kolarov, were we pushing up for off-side but Kolarov just went with the man?

and was it me, but why did Kolarov raise his foot when Kuyt shot? you slide in to block or get close and make like a door. Reminded me of Terry Phelan defending with his bum in the 5-0 defeat at Debt Trafford years ago.

Yet we still have the second best defence in the league?

Get a hold of yourself mate...

We didn't concede from a corner. We have hardly conceded any under Mancini. What is your point again?

Lescott marking the space 4 players were in? Did the OP watch the game? Lescott was man marking Carroll, Liverpool just put player in that area to disrupt Lescott.

How many did we conced from corners or free kicks yesterday?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.