Zonal ?

bluemoonste said:
Can someone please explain zonal marking to me ? I understand that each player has a zone to mark but what happens if two opposition players enter into your zone ?

Seems a bit cocked up to me !!

from what i understand you dont worry about the players just the ball

if the ball comes into your area You get it if you dont its your fault

i dont like this system tbh

bluemoonste said:
Can someone please explain zonal marking to me ? I understand that each player has a zone to mark but what happens if two opposition players enter into your zone ?

if two players come into your zone there are 3 easy steps to take as demonstrated recently by vannesa peroncel:

1. pray to the good lord above that the news of the world don't get wind of it.
2. get your bit on the side to pay a fortune taking out a super injunction to stop those bastards at the news of the world.
3. damage limitation - tell the sun you are indeed not a slag despite the fact that you've slept with half of the premier league's london based players.

bluemoonste said:

You defend your zone, you watch the ball and defend it. It's the easiest way to defend set pieces.

I hate this system and don`t think it works as well as man to man. For me its the reason why the opposition get so many free headers in our box. Man to man you can put your best header of the ball against the best opponent,ie Fuller. When a team sets up against us they will look at the zone where Richards and Kompany are then play the ball into an area where the weaker defenders are. For me the system is flawed.

bridgeblue said:
I hate this system and don`t think it works as well as man to man. For me its the reason why the opposition get so many free headers in our box. Man to man you can put your best header of the ball against the best opponent,ie Fuller. When a team sets up against us they will look at the zone where Richards and Kompany are then play the ball into an area where the weaker defenders are. For me the system is flawed.

Totally agree.

it didn't help yesterday that not one City player challenged for the ball

its stupid anyway, we have every player back in the box... rarely win a header and on the small occasion we do it goes out of the box and straight back to them - it invites a lot of pressure on us.

bluemoonste said:
bridgeblue said:

Totally agree.
Same here.a back 4 like the old arsenal one that had played together for donkey's years MAY have cracked it, but it's an awful way to defend set pieces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.