which city game do you most regret missing?

All City related discussion here
Citizen52

Re: which city game do you most regret missing?

Postby Citizen52 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 pm

pete1970 wrote:Blackburn Away 4-1 Promotion,tried in vain to get a ticket-no chance! Went to a certain boozer in Denton,got hopelessley hammered on Metz/Lager/Champers-god knows how i made it to work the following day!!!!

I didn't go to Wembley and paid £115 for a ticket at Blackburn and got chucked out before kick off for singing.

16 and foolish. Wouldn't mind I didn't even drink then really.

plattlane01

Postby plattlane01 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Charlton 5.1 milk float went flat on harperhey road. Missed the game, still gutted.

Blue Blood CTID

Postby Blue Blood CTID » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:03 am

There are 2 games I regret missing. 1-6 at the swamp and Napoli away in CL. I was in Abu Dhabi for 3 months. Obviously the 1-6 won't be beaten for god knows how many years. You win some, you lose some lol!

Motty

Postby Motty » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:07 am

Other than the 6-1, the 4-2 victory away at Stamford Bridge a couple of seasons ago. Watched it on the TV and could not believe what I was seeing, was quite unbelievable. Of course there was also the Bridge and Terry handshake saga as well.

4-3 against Spurs would be another big contender, another one was the 3-2 win at Blackpool last season, not just because of the game, but because it would have been a great trip.

chaddblue

Postby chaddblue » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:39 am

The 10-1 Huddersfield

I was at Sheffield Poly at the time and my mates were over for the weekend. Only home match I missed all season

Was watching the results coming in on the Telly and it came up

City 10 (ten) Hudd 1

In case anyone thought it was a typing mistake!

levets

Postby levets » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 am

laserblue wrote:
stevenryals wrote:
laserblue wrote:away - the 6-1 of course. couldn't get a ticket. (yes, yes i know).

home - the 4-1 over the rags in 2003-04 - the only home game i missed that season. i was on a business trip to the states and flying back that day. i didn't know the result until after i landed the following morning when my cab driver, who was a big blue still on a high, took great delight in telling me. (i think he was secretly wishing i was a rag to rub it in though).

IS IT REALLY YOU!!!!?!?! Hows Devon mate?

apparently not. i have no connections with devon. sorry!

He thinks it's Webby

Compstall35

Postby Compstall35 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:49 am

Blackburn away winning promotion. I got a ticket in the Blackburn end. Had a hangover and thought fxck it. I am not watching it in their end rather be in the pub. Went to a ton of away games that season as well. Gutted when I saw us all over the stadium and on the pitch. Pub was fun though.

I missed the Derby win on the Munich 50th anniversary. Been to the Swamop a ton of times and never seen a win yet. Bxstard.

Marvin

Postby Marvin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:55 am

The 5-1. I went to every home game that season, but didn't have a season ticket then. I worked for the Company that went on to own Birmingham FC and the owners were into football. They knew I was a City fan and had promised me tickets in the Main Stand so I didn't bother getting tickets. Inevitably let me down on the day.

law74

Postby law74 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:28 am

Bluemanc100 wrote:
law74 wrote:
Bluemanc100 wrote:Monday night................

lots of reasons for the miss, need a holiday so off on a cruise for the week, wifes birthday same day

Thought i'd watch online but at $35 an hour (robbing bastards) i'm hoping it will be on in a bar on ship??!?

What cruiseline?

Royal Carribean

I was on one of their boats a couple of years ago and they have a sports bar on the royal promenade, but it caters mainly for american sports, couldnt see footy on board at all :-(

Lucky Toma

Location: Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me back in.

Postby Lucky Toma » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:37 am

chaddblue wrote:The 10-1 Huddersfield

I was at Sheffield Poly at the time and my mates were over for the weekend. Only home match I missed all season

Was watching the results coming in on the Telly and it came up

City 10 (ten) Hudd 1

In case anyone thought it was a typing mistake!

Exactly the same with me mate. Only game I missed that season and was due to flu. Those 90 minutes would have cured me.

PreviousNext

Return to Bluemoon forum