City v Spurs Prematch Discussion

All match previews, reviews and analysis
lionheart

Postby lionheart » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:26 am

Right then, we have nearly 5 days to recover from Europe compared with only 3 days for Spurs and we have a non-controversial referee, so let us see a good attacking performance and three points on Sunday. No excuses allowed.

Marvin

Re: City v Spurs Prematch Discussion

Postby Marvin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Ideally we get a few players back too

Godo to see Maicon and Garcia last night. Hoping Aguero is not injured. He looked to be really struggling at times.

Mario must start. On fire at the moment

WEMBLEY76

Postby WEMBLEY76 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 pm

Spurs looked dire against Wigan,beware the wounded beast,they owe their fans a good performance.

sam-caddick

Postby sam-caddick » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Spurs will raise their game just like they did against United.

Expect the goal of the season from Bale.

We had Rooney two season ago, Crouch last season, now I can see Bale getting one confirming his so called 50m price tag to Levy.

mancity1

Postby mancity1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Marvin wrote:Ideally we get a few players back too

Godo to see Maicon and Garcia last night. Hoping Aguero is not injured. He looked to be really struggling at times.

Got a nasty tackle in the first few minutes which took the stuffing out of him a bit but seemed to get through the game alright.

Doubt we will see much of Maicon on Saturday though.

I think we will start with Dzeko and Tevez on Saturday.

If he plays with Balo again ala Swansea I would play Tevez in midfield.

Marvin

Postby Marvin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:58 pm

mancity1 wrote:
Marvin wrote:Ideally we get a few players back too

Got a nasty tackle in the first few minutes which took the stuffing out of him a bit but seemed to get through the game alright.

Doubt we will see much of Maicon on Saturday though.

I think we will start with Dzeko and Tevez on Saturday.

If he plays with Balo again ala Swansea I would play Tevez in midfield.

The big question is will Silva be ready. I suspect he will be on the bench, and without him I think Tevez has to play a midfield role with Nasri. Hopefully Milner will be back too. He was looking really good before his injury

So Tevez deep, and Aguero plus Dzeko or Balotelli up front.

Sounds like Adebayor will start on Thursday night for Spurs which is good, because I don't want to be up against a fit Adebayor. He is very difficult to handle when he is up for it

LoveCity

Postby LoveCity » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Spurs with Dembele: P4 W4

Spurs without Dembele who is confirmed to miss our game: P6 W1 D2 L3

Spurs will also field a number of first teamers tomorrow as they have in all their Europa League games. Their previous game had 8 players who had started the weekend before and they are in a precarious position needing a win.

So for once, and it usually seems to be the other way around, we have an advantage in that sense. Only way it could have helped us more is if they were away tomorrow with it being an early kickoff on Sunday.

Ntini77

Postby Ntini77 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Mancini, don't play Maicon and we will win this game.

pweyhe

Postby pweyhe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Nasri needs to not be on the wing. He plays his best in the CM role where he can get some space to control the game, and make runs. Then Tevez can play as the CAM and actually have a player to pass the ball up to him.

Seriously, does anyone actually think Nasri is a winger still? Does he beat people on the outside? No. Does he like to operate in tight spaces like Silva? No. He's the type of player who can control a game for us by being in a position where he can get on the ball a lot (CM). He's not like Silva, who can go long periods without touching the ball and then suddenly make a big impact when he gets it.

We may not have scored against West Ham, but the strikers were constantly getting the ball fed to them, because we actually had a passer in the midfield. And defensively, Nasri has had to cover both his position and Yaya's lately anyway so I think he can handle this one.

I like Milner on the wing anyway. You know he'll get all the way back and he manages to get crosses in every time he plays there. And when Silva's back we will have him and Tevez buzzing around while Aguero makes runs up top.

When your defense struggles it doesn't necessarily mean you have to add a bunch of defensive mids. In our case I think we just need to retain the ball better.

Marvin

Postby Marvin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:08 am

I'd like to see Kolarov start. Yet again an another assist last night for the off-side goal.

Regarding Nasri, remember his debut at Spurs when he played some great crosses for Dzeko. And how about last night when he crossed to Toure for his goal with the outside of his foot.

Next

Return to Matchday forum