Radamel Falcao Zarate

All transfer rumours, gossip, and speculation
MSP
 
Posts: 12119
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 pm
Location: Standing firm, sticking up for my beliefs and not fearing anyone eyes are able to see!

Re: Radamel Falcao Zarate

Postby MSP » Fri May 11, 2012 12:33 am

LoveCity just wants it hard to happen so he is overreacting on one newspaper article on something that is happening at Atletico for years.

It would be double reliable if Atletico didn't spend each penny they've earned from Aguero transfer to buy that same Falcao they are supposed to sell or die 12 months later.

I like LC as a poster and don't have anything against his enthusiasm but in all honestly I thinks his theory is bollocks :) and much, much, much more his personal hope hope than reality.

LoveCity
 
Posts: 39315
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: Radamel Falcao Zarate

Postby LoveCity » Fri May 11, 2012 12:42 am

MSP wrote:LoveCity just wants it hard to happen so he is overreacting on one newspaper article on something that is happening at Atletico for years.


I'd love for him to join but I'm not in this frenzied desperation to see it happening that you're suggesting (ie. Dax/Vertonghen). Personally I'd think it would be best if Dzeko left, not because I don't like him but because it's always going to be a square peg in a round hole unless we adjust a system that works beautifully with the right players.

I'd also love to see just about any striker who would fit our system at the club, not just Falcao. Because with what we have I can't see us maintaining the fluency and cohesion if we take Aguero and Tevez out of the team, yet they're the only two we have who really suit the style we play and Tevez could yet leave.

I like LC as a poster and don't have anything against his enthusiasm but in all honestly I thinks his theory is bollocks :) and much, much, much more his personal hope hope than reality.


Now now, I'm actually backing up my "theory" with information. You say Atletico will not sell, I say they will while trying to back up my point and it's more hope than reality?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/cha ... ao-admits-

Such an outcome appears unlikely but Gil Marin has now heaped pressure on Diego Simeone's men by claiming that the club's future prosperity hinges on it.

"If the club fails to qualify for the Champions League, we will get ourselves into a revenue problem," he is quoted as saying by Marca. "Atletico need to be in the top four.

"And if we're not in the Champions League, then it would be difficult for [Falcao] to stay."

Gil Marin added, though, that in the overall scheme of things, retaining the Colombia international is of secondary importance, pointing out that Atletico have survived losing star players in the past.

"After [Fernando] Torres left, we kept winning," he pointed out. "After [Sergio] Aguero left, we kept winning. The club is bigger than any player."

MSP
 
Posts: 12119
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 pm
Location: Standing firm, sticking up for my beliefs and not fearing anyone eyes are able to see!

Re: Radamel Falcao Zarate

Postby MSP » Fri May 11, 2012 12:54 am

that's something definitely and brings few points to your side :)

Still think he'll stay there next season. And pretty sure we won't be those that would eventually buy him.
Last edited by MSP on Fri May 11, 2012 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

daxman
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Radamel Falcao Zarate

Postby daxman » Fri May 11, 2012 1:10 am

LoveCity wrote:
MSP wrote:LoveCity just wants it hard to happen so he is overreacting on one newspaper article on something that is happening at Atletico for years.


I'd love for him to join but I'm not in this frenzied desperation to see it happening that you're suggesting (ie. Dax/Vertonghen). Personally I'd think it would be best if Dzeko left, not because I don't like him but because it's always going to be a square peg in a round hole unless we adjust a system that works beautifully with the right players.

Hey now! WHy cheap shot me like that. I lov Vertonghen's game and think he'd be a fantastic option for City. And sure I often beat back or argue against faulty claims about his weaknesses. I neither claim he'll join nor that we are after him. Just that common sense suggests we should be after him. That we aren't is frankly a missed opportunity.

He is good, Belgian (like our warrior captain), eager to move, plays for a selling club, and will come cheap.

We are a team in need of a capable 3rd CD, possible complement at LB and at DM. He plays all 3 positions well, and is well known to us.

What good reason can their be for not even giving him a look? This is quite frankly dissapointing, and a dropping of the ball by the FO :(

CityCTID
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:40 am

Re: Radamel Falcao Zarate

Postby CityCTID » Fri May 11, 2012 6:38 am

Sir Joe Aguero wrote: Falcao, Aguero and Tevez = hardworking, dream strike force. Balotelli = secret weapon.




YES PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSE

alky313
 
Posts: 4465
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 am
Location: Traveling

Re: Radamel Falcao Zarate

Postby alky313 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 am

Seems odd that they would pay a fee to anyone after receiving Agueros transfer. They could easily have pocketed the money and fought for midtable glory.

california blue
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:17 am
Location: lost angeles via sunny stretford

Re: Radamel Falcao Zarate

Postby california blue » Fri May 11, 2012 7:51 am

is this bloke any good - who does he remind you of

a la sergio and romario...?

LoveCity
 
Posts: 39315
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: Radamel Falcao Zarate

Postby LoveCity » Fri May 11, 2012 12:33 pm

daxman wrote:Hey now! WHy cheap shot me like that.


It wasn't meant as a cheap shot simply because I have no problem with people desperately wanting players at the club, I was simply arguing that I'm not the same way for Falcao.

Why do you have a new name?

The Goat 10
 
Posts: 5304
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Re: Radamel Falcao Zarate

Postby The Goat 10 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:05 pm

If Tevez does move on in the summer I see Falcao as the ideal replacement, otherwise no I'd just promote Guidetti to the first team as fourth choice as have Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli as the main three.

Maldeika
 
Posts: 1411
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Re: Radamel Falcao Zarate

Postby Maldeika » Fri May 11, 2012 1:39 pm

MSP wrote:that's all heavily in rumors department, I don't believe in any of it.

PSG ones are usually big lies, can't see Bayern buying another Gomez too.

Juventus is definitely in need for quality striker but again, selling any City player is very hard. It's not just the matter of fees, it's a matter of wages, it's hard to find a compromise on both of those for all parties involved.


The only relation between Dzeko and Bayern is made in English newspapers. Bayern did not buy Papiss Demba Cisse who was "pretty cheap" as they did not want to spent too much money on a second striker in a one-striker-system. Giroud is heavily linked with Bayern - Nerlinger has watched him a couple of times and Giroud has given interviews in which he tells, that he would like this move.

PreviousNext

Return to Transfer forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Search Appliance and 12 guests